Multitech Site Services has operated successfully within the construction industry since 1998, growing to become one of the recognised industry leaders in the specialist field of temporary site services. In 2018 we became part of the Swedish stock listed group Sdiptech AB. A technology group with a primary focus on infrastructure segments critical to well-functioning societies and to welfare, e.g. water, sanitation, power, energy, transportation, energy efficiency and air climate.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our Finance Director an exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly effective and commercially focussed leader to be part of the Senior Management Team. Initially as FD Designate with a planned transition to Finance Director by the end of 2021
You will be responsible for ensuring Multitech Site Services has sound financial management. Working with all departments of the business providing advice and support to help senior managers make key decisions.
Key responsibilities will include
- Provide management and support the Financial Controller, Commercial Manager, HR Manager and their teams
- Lead the financial operations, ensuring all financial processes and controls operate effectively and efficiently to make the best use of our resources (including budgeting, forecasting, internal financial reporting, KPI's, cash flow management, payroll and pensions)
- Support the Group in analysing Multitech's results and participate in different projects initiated by the Group.
- Overall responsibility for IT, systems, policies, legal, compliance, business insurances, data protection and office management.
- Ensure all accreditations and our integrated management system is continually reviewed and maintained, including internal and external audits
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous experience within the Construction Industry and a senior leadership role
- Experience of working with and analysing P&L and company accounts. Having an exceptional understanding of the drivers of company profitability and cost management
- Preparation of annual budgeting and forecasting and working with other managers to prioritise expenditure
- Hold a relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and current knowledge of best practice in finance
- Sufficient working knowledge of contract and HR law, and digital technology to act as an "intelligent customer" of internal and outsourced advice from legal, compliance, HR and IT experts.
The skills we are looking for:
- Strong autonomy with an appropriate sense of accountability
- Ability to identify and manage risks whilst holding accountability
- Well-considered judgement and an ability to reach clear decisions for the company, including an aptitude for clearly communicating the rationale for your decisions
- Strategic thinker and results-driven
- Strong and demonstrable financial and commercial skills
Remuneration & Benefits
An excellent salary and benefits package including, Car Allowance, Private Medical, Dental Insurance, Life assurance.
Support and Training
The successful applicant will receive training and mentoring from the current Financial Director and be expected to undertake departmental specific development and training. They will be provided with a comprehensive training plan for the role which will include spending time working with other teams in the business.