Manager, International Tax Operations
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Manager, International Tax Operations will join the AbbVie Corporate Tax Department and will be a key role in supporting the US International Tax team. This key position will be primarily responsible for the preparation of the international tax components of the U.S. federal income tax return and will assist in meeting various other U.S. and foreign compliance and reporting requirements, including the analysis and implementation of international tax developments. The Manager will also assist as needed with US international tax controversies and international tax planning and there is opportunity for growth in this area. This role will also be a key contributor to the development of efficient processes with a focus on transformation and automation.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual US international (foreign rate differential, subpart F, GILTI, foreign tax credit) calculations for inclusion into the global effective tax rate calculation.
- Prepare/review international portion of the U.S. Income Tax Return Forms 1120 and 1118, including information reporting on Form 5471, Form 8858, Form 8865, and all related elections and disclosures ensuring accurate tax filings.
- Maintain supporting calculations and documentation of earnings and profits pools, tax pools, PTEP, and US tax basis for foreign subsidiaries and/or branches.
- Analyze and calculate taxable distributions and provide other analysis in connection with cash repatriations.
- Determine and maintain supporting documentation for 861 allocations to foreign source income.
- Prepare/review required elections and disclosures such as check-the-box elections, DCLs, etc.
- Participate in drafting responses to inquiries, data requests, audits, and proposed adjustments received from the U.S. tax authorities.
- Identify and implement process improvements associated with the international portion of the U.S. income tax return and provision.
- Research international tax issues and positions related to tax return preparation, audit support, and tax planning as needed.
- Monitor and analyze final and proposed tax legislation.
- Ensure internal control processes over the US international tax function are properly performed and documented.
- Support other international tax projects as needed.
- 5-7 years of progressive US international tax experience in Big 4 public accounting and/or publicly held multinational company
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting or finance; Masters in Taxation a plus
- CPA preferred
- Significant experience in financial reporting and domestic compliance for US international tax matters, including Subpart F, GILTI, foreign tax credits, and repatriation of foreign earnings
- Strong project management skills
- Attention to detail resulting in consistent, reliable and accurate work product
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Resourcefulness and adaptability; self-motivated with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with Excel; experience with CorpTax and SAP a plus
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.