Dentons Business Services EMEA is currently seeking a Billing Specialist to support the London Revenue Control team. The main areas of focus are ensuring new matters are opened correctly and the agreed fee earner rates are added to each new matter and invoices are raised in accordance with partner instructions.
About the role
New client and matter set up
- Ensuring any agreed hourly rates are set up on new matters opened.
- Adding all relevant information to the matter set up for clients with agreed panel terms
- Maintaining a database of agreed client rates
- Ensuring the correct tax codes are added to each new matter so the relevant tax is charged.
- Raising invoices for the London office partners
- Proof read all invoices issued, ensuring that all details correspond with Partners' instructions
- Liaise with Revenue Controllers with regard to special billing arrangements
- Where required, prepare detailed schedules of hours recorded (etc.) to submit with bills
- Set up and monitor clients who require e-billing. Ensure correct procedures are followed so that invoices are accepted via e-billing.
- Preparing statements of outstanding invoices between other Dentons offices.
- Chasing fee earners to record their time.
- Assisting the Revenue Controllers by actioning requests which result from meetings with partners - e.g. transferring WIP between files, arranging write offs and closures, and providing billing guides
- Provide general assistance to the Revenue Control Supervisor/Revenue Manager with ad hoc project work, as and when required
- Comply with the firm's policies and any other legal obligations, and effectively manage risks to the firm where those risks relate to this role.
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal (English)
- First experience in finance/financial education is nice to have
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy
- Confident using MS Office, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the Elite accounts system, and of e-billing systems, would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Solicitors' Accounts Rules, and VAT
- Flexible and prepared to work additional hours at month, quarter and year ends.
What we can offer
Dentons is always looking to invest in the highest-quality talent, recognizing that our success is built on the diverse and unique strengths of each of the members of our Firm. Our team of business services professionals play a significant role in the success of Dentons, and we recruit Talent into a wide variety of areas. Here, we look for focused, flexible individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are team players. Previous experience within the legal sector is not essential. We want to give everyone the opportunity to develop his or her potential fully and, therefore, provide support, training and encouragement to members of teams at all levels.
If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV. If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Agata at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dentons is the world's largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network. Dentons' polycentric approach and world-class talent challenge the status quo to advance client interests in the communities in which we live and work.