PAYROLL TAX ANALYST II
The Tax Analyst II position is a member of the North America Payroll team. This position is accountable for account reconciliation, year-end reporting, general ledger, and banking tasks. Within North America the position is responsible for supporting 14 U.S. Federal ID numbers which encompass most states and 4 SBRN's in Canada.
This position reports to the Manager, North American Payroll located in Arrow's Centennial, Colorado location.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist with information gathering for tax notice resolution or audit inquiries.
- Interact with tax agencies for tax notice resolution or tax registration.
- Monthly general ledger close activities and create reports for the accounting department as requested.
- Run standard and custom reports within the payroll application to assist in tax account reconciliation.
- Responsible for quarter-end and year-end processes, implement and maintain taxable wages audit for taxes. Research and resolve any discrepancies by making the adjustments within the payroll system.
- Assist in the filing of annual US and Canadian tax forms (W-2, T-4, RL-1).
- Perform bank related tasks such as account reconciliation, funding, positive pay and wire transfers.
- Prepare accounts payable check requests as required
- Prepare lock box deposits for checks received.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience with multi-state, in-house payroll processing
- Canadian payroll experience, a plus
- Experience working with payroll taxes
- FPC or CPP certification preferred
- Experience with UltiPro (Ultimate Software) preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Adaptable to change
- High critical thinking skills and troubleshooting
- Fundamental understanding of regulatory topics impacting the payroll process
- Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of payroll-related calculations
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
What We Offer at Arrow
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted RTD Passes, with convenient office location off RTD Light Rail (Dry Creek Exit)
- On-site Café with Catering Option for Busy Lifestyles (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- 24/7/365 On-site Gym and Lockers, Free for Use to All Employees! (availability subject to COVID-19 office guidelines)
- Free covered parking, included bicycle and motorcycle parking
- And more!
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
Location: US-CO-Denver, Colorado (Panorama Arrow Building)
Time Type: Full time
Job Category: Accounting/Finance EEO Statement:
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)