Director Reporting and Analytics
A senior, respected figure, with the authority and mandate to enforce their vision of how their process area should be implemented, taking into account considerations for transactional, reporting and consolidation systems.
- Background in Finance transformation within a large multi-national organisation
- Be a subject matter process specialist in Reporting and Analytics - including data science, analysis techniques, management insight, potential uses of machine learning and robotics
- Experienced in process analysis, improvement, and excellence
- Strong, credible and demonstrable leadership skills
- Have the ability to drive and lead change
- Six sigma qualified or equivalent
- Degree level education or equivalent with financially-oriented qualification or experience
Reporting Catalogue: own and manage the quality and integrity of the reporting catalogue that supports the business needs of Finance and HR
Owns and delivers against the reporting roadmap
Strategy: build a reporting strategy that links with the overall Finance and HR functions strategy and plans defining reporting classes, tools, use cases and roadmap
Governance: leadership of global process governance forums to ensure there is effective steering and oversight of global process performance and development, ensuring appropriate involvement and accountability
Targets & benchmarking: set and monitor targets for process service level performance including both efficiency and effectiveness. Carry out periodic benchmarking and assessment versus leading best practices and latest trends that inform effective and fact-based process strategy setting.
Standardisation: set principles for standardisation. Drive standardisation change agenda and arbitrate where localisation flexibility is required. Lead escalation and steering with Finance and HR leadership group if required.
Documentation: coordinate and own one-version-of-truth process definition and documentation library and lead change control process. Ensure an effective process RACI is maintained aligned to the finance operating model.
Compliance: manage compliance with reporting standards and action against training needs.
Continuous improvement: develop process improvement plans ensuring these are appropriately prioritised and supported by clear cost/benefit business cases. Project leadership through design, delivery, business change readiness and benefit realisation. Responsible for the benefit and value realisation of projects/initiatives within their process area aligned with portfolio plan and agreed business case.
Technology: keep abreast technological developments from the point of view of their applicability and benefits for the business, consolidate needs on behalf of the Finance and HR function with IT and 3rd parties supporting technology development and adoption.
People: ensure a strong link between process development and Finance and HR people core proficiencies and skills development plans and effective change management and training supporting key process changes.
Consultation: of all relevant parts in the business via close engagement with all interested parties including Tax, Internal Audit, Compliance, Shared Service Centre
Data Quality: take ownership of the data quality within their process area with accountability for the sign-off of migrated data as part of the reconciliation process
- new ways of working in the business through engagement activities with key stakeholders
- activities required to ensure data cleansing is completed by the appropriate business areas
- all associated communication activities to end users and impacted communities
- associated training activities, promoting the importance of attendance and take-up in the business
- transition planning activities ensuring that these take into account business as usual activities within their business area
- Establish governance structure that demonstrates and measures cost and quality of the Global Process
- Ownership and control of reporting catalogue
- Approval of business requirements for new developments
- Ownership of reporting and analysis pipeline
- Validation, sign-off and maintenance of key documents such as process definition documents, org design, SLAs, KPIs
- Tenacious and persistent, but also diplomatic.
- Must be a team player.
- Culturally sensitive, and good at building trusting relationships.
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadline with limited supervision.