My client, an Energy company in the City have an opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join their team on a 12 month contract.
Tasks to be performed includes:
- Preparation for Corporate Tax computation by Tax Agent
- Preparation for Value Added Tax calculation and submission
- Preparation & submission of Short-Term Business Visitor
Human Capital Taxation
- Prepare, check and update data for the submissions and payments of taxes related to staff employment in UK, i.e. the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS), Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Expenses and benefits tax form (P11Ds), Income Tax by applying the correct treatments and completeness of financial statements and returns to ensure timely submissions and payments are made to relevant authorities as per deadlines, for all entities
Tax Regulatory and Compliance
- Assess and implement new tax requirements arising from emerging ruling e.g. Country-by-Country (CbC) Reporting, Transfer Pricing (TP) documentation reporting, Tax Policy Statement, Tax Digitalisation etc.
- Execution and implementation of Senior Accounting Officer (SAO) Ruling and liaison to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) on SAO requirements for Group of Companies in the UK.
- Review, evaluate and analyse tax legislations and other regulations or rulings by the UK tax authorities to identify available tax benefits and opportunities and recommend appropriate tax mitigation initiatives to ensure full optimization of the tax benefits and opportunities for all entities so as to mitigate liabilities in the future.
- Monitor, coordinate and provide advice on tax issues and tax implications on activities undertaken by all entities by interpreting provisions of the tax regulations, tax authorities' rulings and through liaison with Group Tax, HRMC and UK regulatory to safeguard and avoid unnecessary exposure to entities against non-compliance to relevant tax legislations.
Internal Tax Conformance & Compliance to Tax Audit and regulations
- Liaison with tax agent for company secondee' personal tax returns and on all tax matters and ensure proper documentation of all advises by Group Tax and HMRC tax agent for company secondee' personal tax returns
- Coordinate and act as focal person for tax queries and audits by tax authorities effectively to ensure accuracy and consistency of information provided to the tax auditors and resolve tax audit queries or issues to avoid non-allowable tax deductibles.
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA part qualified or qualified
- 5 years plus experience working within Tax
- Experience working within a commodity trader is a preference but will consider all backgrounds.