Head of Group FP&A
Head of Group FP&A
c£90,000 - £100,000 + 20% Bonus
Synonymous with one of the most popular spectator sports in the country, this organisation is the largest commercial enterprise in its field, operating under a corporate structure to fulfil its commitment to act for the long term good of the sport. In practice, it is run as a commercial operation, reinvesting all its profits back into the sport. Through its main subsidiary, the Group is responsible for some of the most iconic sporting events in the British calendar.
This newly created role presents a rare opportunity to join the senior management team in a capacity that will utilise your commercial acumen, relationship building and strategic development to the full. You will be responsible for managing the group forecasting processes, prepare capex and investment business cases, and to provide analysis and insight for various group functions, including marketing and commercial operations.
Your remit will include, but not be limited to:
- Taking full ownership and day to day leadership of the budgeting and forecasting process for the Group including the identification of process improvements and the potential implementation of a new budgeting/forecasting tool.
- Drawing out key themes, analysis and trends from consolidated budgets and forecasts in preparation for presentation to the board.
- Developing financial models and analyses to support strategic investment initiatives and new business development activities.
- Prepare commercial business cases and sensitivity analysis for all operating cost and capex proposals, across marketing, digital, sales and CRM investments and present / communicate these to senior management.
- Conducting internal and external benchmarking exercises against other organisations and sports to develop recommendations for change and optimisation.
- Driving general improvements for the quality of commercial insight and analysis, using financial and non-financial data, identifying key drivers and themes across the operating businesses.
- Support C-Suite stakeholders through development and monitoring of up to date and relevant set of business KPIs.
- Developing existing models for Group Cash forecasting and covenant reporting to banks.
Prospective candidates will be self-motivated and highly energetic qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with at least 5 years PQE, with a strong group background and good, well-proven business partnering capabilities. A track record as a self-starter, working with a wide range of stakeholders across the business, right up to CEO and Board level, with the ability to set your own agenda and work independently, balancing sometimes conflicting priorities.
A Background in sport / leisure and hospitality sector is an advantage but not a pre-requisite. Most important, is your commitment to delivery, coupled with a career focussed desire to succeed within a challenging and demanding environment.
Barribal Associates and the organisations it represents are fully committed to equal opportunities and encourage applications from any age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.