Financial Analyst - Part Qualified
Changing the way the world thinks about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role
The Financial Analyst is a key role within management accounts will assist in accounting, budgeting and management reporting within the Industrial and Commercial Division (I&C). The role will ensure robust financial controls are in place and adhered to along with aspects of work with the wider business to continually drive efficiency and financial understanding.
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Assisting in preparation of month end accounts to meet reporting deadlines.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of budgets, forecasts and reforecasting.
- Provide finance advice and support operating sites, where applicable in working towards understanding and improving their financial driven key performance indicators.
- Ensure financial controls, processes and disciplines are all in place and adhered to.
- Support and drive query resolution for any issues that arise within operating location Profit and Loss.
- Provide support in analysing current and past trends in key performance areas with a view to monitoring performance, highlighting trends and identifying areas of improvement.
- Aid in Capital Expenditure reporting plus an ongoing re-forecast process
- Maintain other key performance data as required.
- Provide cover for other Financial Analysts where necessary.
- Other ad-hoc requirements as requested by the Finance Business Partner or other senior finance members
- Experience in a finance or management accounts function, with knowledge of management accounts and balance sheet reconciliation preparation.
- In the process of studying either ACCA or CIMA.
- Have a 'can-do' attitude, ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team.
- Self-motivator who can demonstrate initiative and who has good time-management skills.
- Analytical with a high attention for detail.
- Fully computer literate and an advanced user of Excel. Experience with additional Microsoft office applications not mandatory but beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, with both financial and non financial staff.
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
This position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to build an outstanding career in a market-leading business with an outstanding reputation in the industry. In return we offer a competitive salary, bonus, study support and an extensive benefits package.