Finance Assistant - 30 hours - £20K
£20K (ca. £26K Pro Rata)
Is there anything more exhilarating than working in accounts!?
But if you like working with both numbers and people, we think we're a pretty good option. Here's why:
* We're a small, friendly team with zero office politics. Everyone in the team is important to us and makes a significant difference to how good we are.
* We have a relaxed, grown-up approach to work. No-one is micro-managed. We recruit bright, conscientious people, then get out of their way to let them do their job. You'll have all the support you need, but you'll have some control over how, and even when, you do your job.
* We're flexible. Even pre-pandemic, all our team had the flexibility to work from home if they needed to.
* We're successful. You'll have job security and regular salary reviews.
We invest in start-up recruitment companies and provide a number of support services to our partners. We're just 8 people (with lots of system automation) and are looking for key-person-number-9 to join us. We'll need around 30 hours per week, across 5 days, and we can be relatively flexible around the specific hours worked each day.
It's a varied role, initially covering maternity leave, then, longer-term, strengthening the finance team, with ownership of specific functions. You'll support both the Finance Manager and Payroll Consultant, but will be involved with the whole team, including directors, in some way or other.
Main functions will include:
* End Client Invoice Management - including Credit Control, query resolution & system adjustments.
* Timesheet Management - checking, querying, adjusting...
* Banking - cash receipts & payments to contractors and partners.
* Temporary worker / contractor payment query resolution and system adjustments.
* Regular liaison with a wide cross-section of people - end clients, partners, payroll companies, etc.
We're looking for the following experience / qualities:
* Credit Control / Sales Ledger experience. Whilst this only makes up around a quarter of the role, you'll need to be very comfortable picking up the phone to ask for payments from our partners' clients.
* Some Finance / Accounts experience - this isn't specifically an accounting role, and you'll work much more with our bespoke systems than any accounting software, so we're pretty open to what that experience looks like, but you should be used to working with figures.
* People skills - our relationships with all the people we deal with are important to us, whether they're partners, end-clients, contractors or suppliers. It's vital that you're customer-focused, comfortable with people and generally pleasant to be around.
* IT literacy - we're looking for a little more than word processing and the occasional email. Ideally, you'll be comfortable with web-based software, general file-management and Excel.
In addition, you should be organised, bright, and looking to play a very key role within a business. In return you'll get flexibility, autonomy, regular salary reviews and, we'd like to think, some nice colleagues