**Practice VAT Specialist £50,000PA!**
Enable Futures are operating as an employment business on behalf of its client for a VAT Specialist based in Bridgwater, Somerset. Working for an Award-Winning national firm, with strong connections across the UK. With the well-established, long-standing relationships they have built over the years in the South West this will be an excellent career move. Joining the group at an exciting time of growth and working with the CEO, your career development will be supported every step of the way.
The working hours are full or part time and really flexible. Normal opening hours are 9.00 am - 5.00 pm Monday to Friday with free parking on site. Remote working is offered to create a work-life balance of 50% of the working week, with the other 50% based in Bridgwater. The annual salary is £50,000 PA with progression and salary reviews going forward.
This Award-Winning firm supports clients with company structure, compliance, bookkeeping, VAT, forecasting and budgets! Their team of accountants and tax advisors will help all areas of a business's compliance needs.
* Conduct in-depth reviews of clients' business tax systems to establish if their VAT is being dealt with thoroughly and accurately and advise on a beneficial VAT structure, ensuring compliance and payments are made on time.
* To be actively responsible for all commercial aspects of VAT work undertaken and optimising financial outcomes, leading and managing the firm's VAT advisory services provided to both existing clients and on new assignments and projects.
* Contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of indirect tax services to the client.
* Have input into the development of consultancy work and projects for the firm as a whole, cross-selling to other departments and assist colleagues with general VAT advice to clients.
* Review prepared VAT returns; liaise and negotiate with HMRC on behalf of clients.
* Plan and manage assignments, ensuring completion to high standards and within budget.
* Assisting the firm's training function, as required.
* Managing the successful delivery of VAT projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach is taken.
* To contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and networking to win new clients.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively to enable partners and staff to enhance their VAT awareness.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
* Be qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CTA with 3-4 years Tax/VAT experience within practice.
* Proven project management and collaborative leadership.
* Proven track record of professional experience in providing VAT advisory services.
* Strong client relationship skills.
* Experience and willingness to network and develop new business leads.
* Extensive expertise in cooperating with HMRC.
* Strong IT skills.
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
* Twenty-five days annual leave + 8 Bank Holidays.
* Free onsite parking.
* Company Pension.
* Competitive salary & reviews.
* Excellent training, support & work-life balance.
* Remote working available for you 50% of the week.
*Closing date is 30th February 2021*
Please follow the application process for the site this job is advertised on or email your CV to Rebecca, and she will be in touch with more details if have relevant practice experience.