SVP, Accounting and FP&A
Saban Capital Group LLC is seeking a well-rounded financial executive to join as SVP of Accounting and FP&A. In this role, you will lead the Accounting and Finance team and manage the financial planning, monitoring, forecasting, budgeting, analysis and reporting for SCG. You will report directly to the CFO and work closely with the CIO and Executive Board members to develop, model and present financial strategy and serve as the catalyst for assessing underlying performance of the business as well as identify trends and make high level recommendations on how to evolve the process towards improved financial results. This is a critical role that shapes and manages the company’s annual business planning process, provides decision support through developing and monitoring company-wide metrics, and drives strategic initiatives. Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate possesses strong Accounting and Finance background managing teams in a multi divisional environment, has a strong executive presence, and seeks the challenge of working with a growing, dynamic organization.
- Oversee and lead a team; 2 direct reports and 7 indirect reports
- Manage the compilation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages to Senior Executives
- Build and own financial and operating models; analyze account models and waterfall calculations
- Manage calculation of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall
- Lead financial and operating reporting – digest financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis and communicate trends, risks, and opportunities to the executive team
- Assist in analyzing and interpreting financial data; transferring that data into meaningful and focused information and reports to drive performance, results, and action
- Coordinate with Accounting, Finance, Investment professionals for the preparation and tie-out of supporting materials for presentations packages
- Work closely with the Senior Accounting team to ensure proper controls and checks and balances in Finance and throughout the business.
- Assist in the design of system reports and processes that enhances the timeliness and accuracy of reporting packages, including reports of accounting system data required by the tax team.
- Lead and execute month end and quarter end variance analysis
- Institute best practice processes to improve profitability and scalability
- Ensure reliable systems and procedures are in place around FP&A activities
- Create quarterly board materials in collaboration with management
- Assist with the review of budget to actual variance explanations provided by the controllers and prepare explanations at the consolidated level
- Partner with market and functional leaders to develop forecasts, KPIs, and operationalize data-driven insights and decision making within cross-functional teams
- Perform capital expenditure and working capital analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, and business analysis
- Coordinate data requests and analysis for internal teams
- Assist with accounting research and new disclosures
- Prepare industry benchmark comparisons and analysis
- Provide standard and ad-hoc analyses as needed
- 12+ years of Big 4 or private company experience, investment industry preferred
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, required; CPA or graduate degree preferred
- FP&A and/or financial reporting experience
- Strong systems aptitude: MS Excel modeling, analysis, and reporting skills should be at the highest level- this is a must for this role
- Expert level presentation skills, with experience building financial models and preparing presentations that clearly conveys analysis and conclusions
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset, always looking to deep dive into the figures and challenge the numbers; impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possess excellent discovery, communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to meet deadlines quickly and accurately, multi-task and work well under pressure with changing priorities
- A strong foundation in maintaining policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure integrity of financials
- Maintain an environment of excellence and a “can do” culture
- Intacct and/or Yardi experience will be helpful
Saban Capital Group (“SCG”) is a leading private investment firm based in Los Angeles that manages a globally diversified portfolio of investments across public equities, credit, alternative investments, and real property assets.
SCG was established by Haim Saban, co-founder of Fox Family Worldwide, (a global television broadcasting, production, distribution, and merchandising company owned in partnership with Rupert Murdoch and The News Corporation), followed by its sale to The Walt Disney Company in October 2001. The firm currently makes both controlling and minority investments in public and private companies and takes an active role in its portfolio companies.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for SVP, Accounting and FP&A
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly