Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Purpose of the role
- The London branch of a global financial services firm has regulatory requirements to submit external statistical regulatory reports. These require production, analysis and submission on a regular basis. Also, they are required to produce and externally publish risk-related pillar 3 disclosures.
A globally renowned investment service. The role sits within the Central London headquarters.
The EMEA region comprises a number of branches, and separate legal entities in London and Frankfurt. Each entity has a number of regulatory reporting requirements.
In the UK, you are required to submit regular prudential, statistical and risk-related reports to local (PRA / Bank of England) and European (EBA) regulators. These cover a variety of reporting disciplines including balance sheet, Liquidity, Credit Risk and Large exposures. In addition to external reporting the Bank must also monitor key ratios on a daily basis.
- This role has responsibility for communicating all reporting issues London's branch's senior management, including quarterly reporting review and sign-off meeting. This includes direct communication to external regulators (Bank of England) where necessary.
- Responsibility for compilation of pillar 3 disclosures, including management of the process, management review and sign off, internal audit review, Audit Committee review and finally Board sign-off. Additionally holds direct responsibility for ensuring the report is posted on the Bank's external website
- Responsibility for reporting of SMBC BI PLC's Asset Encumbrance, market risk and operational risk figures.
- Responsibility for improving governance efficiencies in relation to review and approval flows.
- Involvement in preparation of COREP reports
- Direct reporting and deputy requirements range from daily / weekly monitoring to monthly / quarterly / annual reporting, covering 5 separate country regulators and >60 individual templates.
- Direct reporting to Head of Regulatory Reporting Production, direct interface to both EMEA Head of Regulatory Reporting and EMEA Head of Finance as part of the Regulatory Reporting Approval and Review process
- Pillar 3 disclosure production, review and governance goes through Internal Audit, Audit Committee and Board prior to being externally published.
- Direct responsibility for pillar 3 disclosures document, policy and regulatory rules application oversight. This covers the Bank's legal requirement under the CRR to disclose.
- Direct responsibility for all London branch regulatory reporting, oversight and management. Includes ensuring the branch satisfies its regulatory obligations and performs a key role for the relevant branch SMF.
- Direct responsibility for daily liquidity reporting (regulatory obligations) and EUC management, MI dashboard & policy control (regulatory control and governance requirements)
- Key input into New products developments for Regulatory Reporting to ensure compliance with external regulations
- Key testing of regulatory change / upgrades of regulatory software to ensure accuracy and timeliness of regulatory reports in line with regulator priorities
- C. 1-3 years post university degree experience
- Ideal experience would be candidate who have worked within a bank (or financial services) within a junior regulatory role OR have done financial reporting with balance sheets who are looking to move into Regulatory work.
- Part-qualified working towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA) would be beneficial but not essential
- Strong educational background; 2:1 degree or higher.
- Industry experience in working for a comparable institution
- Good Knowledge of statistical, prudential and risk reporting requirements in a regulatory and risk context with experience of managing calculations and reporting of key ratios
- Knowledge and exposure to banking and capital markets products
- Proven ability to work with large amounts of financial and risk data
- Experience in delivering financial or risk reports under pressure without compromising on accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven experience in condensing complex risk and financial data into reports for senior management consumption
- Experience in communicating complex change requirements to key stakeholders
- Change management / implementation experience and ability
- Knowledge of local statistical reporting and COREP regulatory returns
- Project management / organisational skills for managing pillar 3 and other responsibilities requiring significant oversight and control
- Time-management skills to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Culturally aware
- Influencing skills
Looking to pay up to £45,000 with a comprehensive benefits package.