Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - Europe
Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials development and production. We produce a wide range of specialist, high specification materials that have extraordinary attributes and properties. Despite the complexity of our technologies, our focus is simple - we supply innovative, differentiated products made from advanced materials which enable our customers' products to perform more efficiently, more reliably and for longer
The Thermal Ceramics division designs, manufactures and installs a broad range of thermal insulation products that significantly reduce energy consumption and emissions in a variety of high temperature processing applications. Our product offering is extensive and covers application needs from Industrial to Commercial markets and is organized into the following categories, with available product forms, typical of the high temperature insulation industry.
Group Key Figures: Revenue £1b, ~9,000 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
Europe Financial Planning & Analysis Manager - Summary
The FP&A Manager role is responsible for providing analysis, interpretation and insight to senior management of financial results, highlighting risks and opportunities, and offering conclusions and commentary to inform strategic decision. They will also be responsible for liaising with wider European, Divisional and Group information requests, leading finance improvement projects and supporting best practice in line with the Morgan Code.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide analysis, interpretation and insight to senior management of financial results and forecasts, highlighting risks and opportunities, and offering conclusions and commentary to inform strategic decision making and help drive the business forward.
· Lead completion of divisional and group analytical reporting requirements e.g. monthly MI pack, variance analysis
· Lead the S&OP process from a finance perspective and ensure output from demand and supply meetings are reconciled and can be converted into monthly financial forecasts that can be usefully be used by the business to make critical business decisions e.g. investment, capacity reductions etc.
· Drive an effective approach to the forecasting processes including the bi-annual Business Reviews, Budget and other reforecasting points within the year.
· Responsibilities include development of templates, timely and accurate submission of forecasts, critical review and challenge of site presentations and co-ordination within the region, division and with Group Finance.
· Lead in the creation and modification of any reports outside of E1 e.g. creation of Hubble, QV or STAR reports. Provide training to European team as required.
· Lead support and assistance in resolving data analytics system issues for all systems e.g. Hubble, Qlikview
· Submission of European central costs financials for relevant reporting requirements e.g. actuals, budget, rolling forecast.
· Support cost controlling function where required with standard cost variance analysis, and support for annual cost update
· Ensure prompt and efficient resolution of financial analysis or forecasting/budgeting queries
· Model and interpret financial data to support regional and global strategic and tactical initiatives.
· Lead continuous improvement projects that promote best practice (e.g. cash flow forecasting, month end reporting, pricing calculations)
· Provide monitoring, challenge and support for strategic and ad-hoc projects e.g. restructuring and operational excellence programmes
· Develop a strong understanding of the business environment and key performance drivers.
· Support the European FD, Divisional FD and Head Office Finance Team, with reporting and data requests.
· Support other functions with financial data requirements e.g. HR for bonus data calculations
· Undertake domestic and European travel where required.
People & Culture
· Drive a strong relationship with sites, with wide acknowledgement of the value add that this role provides.
· Drive innovation leading to improvements in analysis and business information provision.
· Utilise lean tools to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements throughout the finance function.
· Facilitates effective team interaction and collaboration on both a regional, divisional and global basis.
· Ensure there is appropriate cross training of other finance team members to ensure shared knowledge of all areas of FP&A and to provide backup in these processes as required.
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
· Have adequate knowledge of health and safety regulation within their areas of control, observe the legislation and codes of practice, ensure all statutory registers and records are maintained
· Champion the ‘ThinkSafe' initiative and lead the development of our safety culture across all locations at Morgan
· Champion the Morgan Code and personally lead the development of our ethical culture across all locations at Morgan
· Support improvement of the internal control environment throughout the region, including ensuring that all internal and external audit control findings are closed out in a timely manner
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer.