Accounts Payable Accountant/ Junior Accounts Payable Accountant
Junior Accounts Payable Accountant
for our Global Centre GSS Finance team based in Gdynia, Poland.
The Junior AP Accountant / AP Accountant will report to Team Leader for Accounts Payable. The accounts payable accountant is a member of a team of accountants performing accounting for the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
To succeed in this role, you are a team player with ability to create an atmosphere of motivation and enthusiasm to be part of building up the Global Centre. You will play a key role in service implementation of the accounts payable processes.
In your role you will:
- Review and submit invoices for approval
- Process travel expenses and payments
- Investigate discrepancies and take action to resolve
- Make weekly payment of vendors with vendor reconciliation
- Follow up with internal and external suppliers on rejected invoices
- Reconcile Accounts Payable statements if any dispute or overdue invoices
- Do monthly/weekly Accounts Payable subledger to general ledger reconciliations
- Follow up on vendor credit
- Follow up on recurring invoices and accruals
- Cooperate closely with Record to Report and Accounts Receivable Teams
- Perform month end close activities
To maximize your chances, you need:
- University degree
- Very good English skills required, written and verbal
- Minimum one-year experience of accounts payable processing
- Knowledge of Oracle/Agresso preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Very good MS Office skills (Excel)
- Previous experience with a Shared Services Company/BPO preferred
- Additional European language skills will be advantageous
We are the independent expert in risk management and quality assurance. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence. As a trusted voice for many of the world's most successful organizations, we use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations.
DNV GL Shared Services organization is a group of experts driven by competence and motivation to support the business areas within HR, Finance, IT and Real Estate Management & Procurement.
What do you value the most?
At DNV GL you can plan a long-term career with countless opportunities for competence development in an atmosphere of mutual care and respect. Here everything starts with we - we trust and support each other, we work together, when we make mistakes, we learn from them - together.
Our most valuable assets are our people, the values we live by and how we translate them into daily life, both personal and professional. Join the company of values and see for yourself that people are what we value the most.
Meet our employees:
Visit our internet page https://www.dnvgl.pl/companyofvalues to meet our employees and see what they value the most.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!