This brand new role is an exceptional opportunity for a 1-3 year post qualified accountant and an ideal position for an experienced industry accountant who is looking to work for a global organisation. Our client is looking for someone with extensive stakeholder management experience and is well versed in dealing with non-finance professionals.
Our client is a well known global organisation that has a diverse portfolio within the Energy sector.
- Maintain integrity and assurance of the financial ledgers and operate key reconciliation controls.
- Responsible for monthly financial reporting analysis, reconciliations and adjustments.
- Input to monthly and quarterly reporting, formal forecasts, medium-term plans and investment surveys. Accountable for their submission into the financial systems of our shareholders.
- Assisting the integration of new operations including the establishment of new companies within the reporting systems.
- The provision of external audit requirements to quality and time and identification and delivery of improvements in this process.
- Ensuring accounting policies are successfully implemented and operating effectively.
- Input to the statutory accounts process and production of those accounts under UK GAAP to ensure a smooth audit process and timely completion.
- Liaising with the Finance Shared Service Centre to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness of financial information.
- Liaising with other specialists such as the tax department, treasury department, hedging department to ensure compliance.
- Initiating improvements to the reporting processes to achieve an efficient and effective reporting process.
- Helping to manage the provision of internal governance, risk and control requirements to quality and time and identification and delivery of improvements in this process.
- Assist the Financial Planning & Reporting Manager in the identification and implementation of opportunities for continuous development of processes and information to meet changing customer needs.
- Assist the Financial Planning & Reporting Manager with the delivery of documentation on the team's key processes.
- Accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) or studying towards accounting qualification.
- Knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS, experience of preparing statutory accounts is ideal but not essential
- Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems and the confidence to apply them to practical examples is essential.
- Committed to continuous improvement and development of skills and knowledge
Highly competitive basic salary and package.