Payroll & Benefits Manager (12 month contract-to-perm)
To work in collaboration with global payroll and benefits colleagues to maximise efficiencies and effectiveness and bring about synergistic solutions where optimal to do so.
Responsible for the implementation of European projects in support of global initiatives to align the functional goals with HR strategic priorities. Responsible for supporting global colleagues in developing consistent compensation philosophy.
A global market leader in their field of expertise. A thriving industry experiencing rapid growth with considerable scope to develop and grow the Payroll & Benefits function. Based in modern offices in the Teddington area with free parking provided and easy access via public transport.
The Payroll & Benefits Manager (12 month contract-to-perm) role involves:
- Lead the UK payroll and benefits function. Management of timely and accurate monthly payrolls (circa 1300 staff across 7 x UK Payrolls).
- Manage and maintain accurate HRIS data workflows, reporting and reconciliation between internal and external payroll and benefits HRIS.
- Leadership to and direct supervision of 1 x Payroll & Benefits advisor through effective coaching and performance management.
- Manage standard operating procedures ensuring they are maintained, up-to-date and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for ensuring the Company are compliant with statutory regulations
- Responsible for management and ongoing maintenance of salary benchmarking information.
- Responsible for the participation in European salary surveys used by the business.
- To support European colleagues with job evaluation benchmarking to determine appropriate pay ranges.
- Provide cohesion across European portfolio with a view to optimising efficiencies and effectiveness in a shared service environment.
- Build good relations with colleagues, HR Managers/ Business Partners, resolving issues and questions in a helpful, solution orientated manner and establish unified working relationships with the aim of optimising alignment between functional and strategic HR priorities.
- Working with Group Finance functions to ensure employee payroll costs are reported promptly and costed accurately for the purpose of both internal financial management and external reporting.
- Management of internal and external auditing requirements.
- Proactively identify and suggest continuous improvement across all aspects of payroll and benefits platforms and processes.
- Management of 3rd party relationship with external payroll bureau.
- Management of the companies benefits portfolio and all supplier / broker management ensuring the Company receives optimum cost leverage, value and service delivery.
- Educate and facilitate training and working group discussions to remain agile for both HR and business leader needs, support and expectations.
- Support with tracking, measuring, recording and communicating HR analytics in relation to payroll and benefits KPI's and benchmarking metrics.
- Conduct ongoing research into emerging trends, issues and work collaboratively with global colleagues to share best practices.
The ideal candidate for the Payroll & Benefits Manager (12 month contract-to-perm):
- Will have worked in a similar role previously
- Must be an established people manager
- Will be either CIPP qualified (or qualified by experience)
- Competent quantitative/analytical skills and decision making abilities
- Working knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- European experience in the design, integration and implementation of payroll and benefits programs.
- A track record of continuous improvement projects from conception to completion
- Excellent team management, organisational and project management skills
- Strong team player with ability to motivate and coach a team to exceptional performance, through effective influencing skills
- Resilient, flexible and adaptable to embracing and managing change in a high pace environment
- Ideally have European Payroll experience (not essential)
- Ideally have a 2nd language (not essential)
The Payroll & Benefits Manager (12 month contract-to-perm) role offers a competitive salary of £60-70,000 (possibly up to £75,000 for an exceptional candidate), plus benefits.
This is a new role with a high probability of transitioning to a permanent contract within 12 months.