Assistant Management Accountant
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
Our Finance Team is expanding and we have an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Management Accountant! In this role you will be required to provide accounting support within the Finance team, to ensure key financial close and day to day activities are complete in a robust and timely manner. The role will also act as a key supporting role for the Management Accountant and Senior Manager.
What would my main responsibilities be?
* Support in the preparation of monthly lead schedules and support any statutory audit requirements
* Work with various stakeholders to support the development of understanding of key business processes
* Presentation of monthly numbers to Senior Manager
* Provide management accountant and Senior Manager with concise and clear updates and ensure all issues are escalated in a timely manner
* Assist in the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
* Work closely with the wider finance team and in country teams to develop an understanding of key business drivers
* Work closely with the management accountant and Senior Manager to assist in the development of financial controls
* Ensure consistent documentation of all key tasks and activities
* Deal with large volumes of complex data and demonstrate the ability to present this in a clear and presentable manner
* Work closely with other AMAs within the team to ensure cross team knowledge is shared and understood.
* Maintain and improve standardisation of tasks and processes
* Develop strong cross functional partnerships
* Contribute in the preparation and review of site p&l's to ensure accuracy in management reporting
* Work closely with and build partnerships with colleagues within the TSS team to ensure a collaborative approach and effective delivery of projects
* Other Adhoc projects
Do I have what it takes?
* Part-qualified/ qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and appreciation of general accounting
* Accounting/Finance Degree
What's in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it's our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
Competitive Annual Leave - We know our employees work hard so we offer competitive annual leave allowances so you can enjoy well deserved time off work!
Work Anniversary Awards - We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you we reward colleagues when you hit milestones!
Employee Discounts - You will be entitled to 15% off our food-to-go brands and 10% our retail stores, not only this our EG Cares platform entitles you to exclusive discounts at a variety of clothing / retail stores, restaurants, cinemas and much more!
Free Parking - We have free onsite parking at our Head Office in Blackburn which is safe and secure with 24hr CCTV!
Waterside Cafe - With the opening of our new head office we are revolutionizing lunch time with a state of the art employee area for colleagues to relax, dine and unwind. In house Chefs will freshly prepare meals from a large menu incorporating a variety of different cuisines which will change daily, and meals will be provided at incredibly low prices!
Cycle to Work Scheme - We care about your health and encourage employees to cycle to work, we can help you save money on a new bicycle!
Employee Assistance Programme - Telephone counselling and confidential support for personal / legal / medical / health and wellbeing issues is now available 24/7 for our employees through our EG Cares Employee Assistance Programme!
Death in Service -At EG Group, we believe employees can be their best when they feel supported and have benefit plans that give them security and peace of mind!
Learning & Development - We are committed to helping you develop new skills to be the best version of you!
Our People - You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family!
Free Eye Test - As a valued EG Employee you will be eligible to receive a free eye examination every two years!
Progression & Career Opportunities - We look to promote and progress our employees within the business and we are very passionate about internal progression! As the business expands it opens new opportunities for growth... the opportunities really are endless with Euro Garages
Compassionate Leave - We care about our employees and offer 3 days paid compassionate leave
Role: Assistant Management Accountant
Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent