EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What will my role look like?
Our Finance Team is expanding and we have an exciting opportunity available for a Management Accountant! In this role you will be required to provide accounting support within the Finance team, to ensure key financial close and day to day activities are complete in a robust and timely manner. The role will also act as a key supporting role for Senior Manager but also play a key role in the development of Assistant Management Accountants.
What would my main responsibilities be?
* Lead and ownership in the preparation of monthly lead schedules and support any statutory audit requirements
* Support in delivery of audit deliverables
* Work with various stakeholders to support the development of understanding of key business processes and develop commercial and operational understanding
* Preparation of monthly management accounts and provide first input into monthly management accounts
* Presentation of monthly numbers to the Senior Manager
* Provide Senior Manager with concise, and clear updates and ensure all issues are escalated in a timely manner
* Support Senior Manager in ensuring strong month end controls and adherence to deadlines to support wider group reporting requirements
* Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned responsible areas of the balance sheet and be first point of review for work performed by the Assistant Management Accountant
* Lead process of process documentation and controls for all assigned areas and ensure consistency across all documented processes
* Maintain and improve standardisation of tasks and processes
* Management and development of assistant management accountants
* Management and development of 2IC
* Supporting the Understanding and investigation of variance analysis relating to actuals vs budgets and forecasts and work closely with the commercial team
* Shadow and work closely with the Senior Manager Develop strong cross functional partnerships with across various departments (Fuel, Merchandising, Operations and Maintenance, Payroll, HR), documenting minutes and actions of key discussions
* Support on the finance system transformation process with functional leads to continue the Finance Share Services transformation
* Support the commercial finance team with information and performance analysis to drive decision making for local teams
* Lead in the preparation and review of accurate site p&l's for responsible functional are to ensure all numbers reported are accurate and discrepancies understood and investigated
* Working closely with Finance Manager or Senior Manager to ensure local GAAP requirements are applied correctly in the financial close process
* Other Adhoc projects
Do I have what it takes?
* Part-qualified/ qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and appreciation of general accounting
* Accounting/Finance Degree
What's in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it's our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
Competitive Annual Leave - We know our employees work hard so we offer competitive annual leave allowances so you can enjoy well deserved time off work!
Work Anniversary Awards - We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you we reward colleagues when you hit milestones!
Employee Discounts - You will be entitled to 15% off our food-to-go brands and 10% our retail stores, not only this our EG Cares platform entitles you to exclusive discounts at a variety of clothing / retail stores, restaurants, cinemas and much more!
Free Parking - We have free onsite parking at our Head Office in Blackburn which is safe and secure with 24hr CCTV!
Waterside Cafe - With the opening of our new head office we are revolutionizing lunch time with a state of the art employee area for colleagues to relax, dine and unwind. In house Chefs will freshly prepare meals from a large menu incorporating a variety of different cuisines which will change daily, and meals will be provided at incredibly low prices!
Cycle to Work Scheme - We care about your health and encourage employees to cycle to work, we can help you save money on a new bicycle!
Employee Assistance Programme - Telephone counselling and confidential support for personal / legal / medical / health and wellbeing issues is now available 24/7 for our employees through our EG Cares Employee Assistance Programme!
Death in Service -At EG Group, we believe employees can be their best when they feel supported and have benefit plans that give them security and peace of mind!
Learning & Development - We are committed to helping you develop new skills to be the best version of you!
Our People - You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family!
Free Eye Test - As a valued EG Employee you will be eligible to receive a free eye examination every two years!
Progression & Career Opportunities - We look to promote and progress our employees within the business and we are very passionate about internal progression! As the business expands it opens new opportunities for growth... the opportunities really are endless with Euro Garages
Compassionate Leave - We care about our employees and offer 3 days paid compassionate leave
Role: Management Accountant
Blackburn, BB1 2FA
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent