A well regarded, rapidly growing business in North Birmingham is looking for a Financial Controller to join them on a permanent basis. You will be based in a fully equipped, ultra-modern production facility in Birmingham, with the possible flexibility to work from home or other sites. Alongside this you will have genuine opportunities to progress working within this business, with a potential to move up to Financial Directorate level.
In this high-profile job you will be reporting directly into the Operations Director for the business and be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end finance function whilst having the opportunity to develop and grow the finance team of two currently in place. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to work within an entrepreneurial fast paced business.
- Bookkeeping and accounting: coordinate general accounting, implementation of accounting policies, accounting valuations, financial reporting, support to the ERP environment, yearend close processes, coordination of work with auditors during the audit of the annual accounts and support to the CFO
- Accounts payable & accounts receivable
- Tax compliance
- Treasury and cash management
- Month end reporting
- Payroll & HR
- You will have previous experience managing a small finance function and a real passion for developing teams.
- You will be dynamic, driven and keen to be a part of a growing business.
- You will have in getting involved with business strategy and planning.
- You will have strong experience in all areas of an end-to-end finance function.
- Excellent communication skills in person, over the phone and in writing.
- Real team player.
- A demonstratable track record in a similar role.
The successful finance business partner will be offered a competitive salary between £40,000 and £50,000 alongside flexibility in regard to working location.
The role is commutable from Burton, Litchfield, Derby, Birmingham, Coventry and Tamworth.