Accounts Payable Team Lead
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Invoice to Payment (I2P) AP Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team, driving process improvements and standardisation to meet internal and external service delivery expectations. This individual reports to the I2P Manager and is a strategic business partner providing support to the finance teams and other key stakeholders for the units assigned.
- Work as a regional point of escalation for local business unit leaders and external service provider for Invoice to Pay (I2P) processing
- Leverage business expertise to provide functional support and develop training to various end-users as it relates to invoice processing and payment
- Serve as a business partner with Xylem's third party shared service partner for escalation and problem resolution pertaining to Purchase Orders, Goods/Services Receiving and Invoicing to ensure timely and accurate supplier payments
- Support I2P GBS Leadership by driving problem solving and fact finding analysis
- Provide local and regional support to end-users on finance policies
- Function as subject matter expert and drive best practice processes regarding Vendor Master Data, invoice processing and payments.
- Lead user acceptance testing for system upgrades and changes, in partnership with the Financial Systems and the project team
- Manage audit requests and month end close activities, as needed
- Partner with internal stakeholders and Xylem's external service provider to assess the efficiencies of our processes and the effectiveness of our internal controls. Based on that assessment, proactively make recommendations and take steps aimed at improving processes, increasing efficiencies and strengthening internal controls
- Create ad-hoc reporting for leadership, effectively communicating with our business partners and leading special or cross-functional projects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of key performance indicators (KPI) and the metrics against which the team is assessed. As a strategic partner, take steps in support of team goals and priorities aimed at improving the end user experience and improving the performance of the team as measured by key metrics.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent professional accounting qualification and/or professional accounting experience.
- 5+ years of high volume Accounts Payable Accounting experience in a fast paced dynamic environment
- 3+ years of experience managing a team in a shared service environment with a focus on developing and coaching employees
- Solid understanding of the end to end Invoice to Pay process, including sub ledger and general ledger account balancing and reconciliation
- Strong analytical skills and data analysis ability with the background and a deep knowledge of business systems applications.
- Vendor Relations experience, strong customer service skills
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives and implementing solutions; Ability to recognize and recommend changes
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight
- Previous experience leading process improvement initiatives is required
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently
- Be a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment; Excellent follow through skills
- Proficient with an ERP system and experience using Invoice to Pay workflow tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
- Fluent in written and spoken business level English