1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
We Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
We are seeking a GL Accountant to manage the day-to-day financial activities of the 1-2 assigned entities; control its financial resources and ensure that all financial transactions, systems and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles, and standards. Drive the month end closing processes to achieve accurate and timely reporting.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem's Global Finance program.
- Perform professional accounting activities for 1-2 assigned ledgers; oversee and supplement account analysis along with an understanding of complex accounting and statutory items; prepare and review journal entries, accounting classifications, Headquarters reporting, and Balance Sheet reconciliations (incl follow up on reconciling/open items); in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Support Intercompany Month End Reconciliation, Netting and IC non-trade recharging. Review to make sure no aged open items.
- Support banking activities, incl cash application activities, coordination with I2P team on outgoing payments
- Perform month-end closing for 1-2 assigned entities. Coordinate with FP&A and Operations teams where analysis is required to prepare journal entries or to review entities before promoting. Ensure accruals posted for all unprocessed activity as needed. Ensure closing is completed per Corporate due dates and with the highest level of quality. Responsible for loading in OneStream, validating and promoting entities before promote to level 2.
- Work with FP&A to ensure accurate & consistent mapping of local ledger accounts to OneStream and to ensure completeness and accuracy of data in EDWH (Enterprise Datawarehouse).
- Responsible for research and ensuring proper adoption/application of technical accounting pronouncements. Support preparation of Accounting Issue Papers to document the impact.
- Support for audit (internal & external)
- To follow DOA, SOX documentation for assigned entities. Supporting audit preparation and timely responses, no major or repeat gaps and active follow-up and on-time closure of any identified gaps.
- Support on Statutory preparation and Tax reporting
- When applicable, close coordination with Service Provider. Keep an open mind to what must be done locally and what can be centralized, either in regional hubs or by Service Provider.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as needed by management.
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. back-up other team members as needed, etc.) Support the overall Hub team in various areas.
- Continuous improvement of all key financials processes and internal procedures to drive more efficiency and standardization whilst strengthening financial integrity
- External: External Audit, Consultants
- Internal: Europe financial team (especially Reporting, Operations, Commercial, Functional Support, and Finance CI leaders); GBS organization, Internal Audit;
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Fluent in written and spoken business level in English
- Experience in US GAAP
- Experience in a shared service/ COE environment