Director of Finance, OCA-SSG
- Full Time
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Director of Finance directs, plans and manages the finance functions of the Scientific Solutions Group (SSG) in accordance with divisional and corporate policies and objectives. This function must provide a system of financial measurement and control for the management of the business. The Director of Finance for SSG assists and guides management in the formation of key business strategies to maximize profits cash flow asset utilization and division growth.
* Oversees the budgeting financial analysis and financial reporting functions for SSG.
* Oversees the preparation of accurate and timely budgets and forecasts for all of SSG's business units.
* Oversees the monthly close process of all of SSG's business units in accordance with International Accounting Standards.
* Oversees the consolidation of OCA-SSG's financial results for management reporting.
* Provides SSG's personnel with financial support and analysis and ensures their goals objectives budgets and strategies maintain proper financial impact consistent with SSG's overall objectives.
* Serves as a liaison with counterparts in finance and planning within Olympus Tokyo.
* Conduct financial analysis at the highest level to interpret trends variances from budgets variances from standards and provide advice and counsel to upper management consistent with established financial policy.
* Oversee the administration of SSG's sales compensation plans.
* This includes managing all activities related to the timely and accurate payment of all incentive compensation for SSG's sales personnel.
* Oversees the implementation of proper credit and risk assessment policies and procedures in line with best practices.
* Oversees all activity that supports the overall management collection and protection of Accounts Receivable.
* Develops and maintains an adequate system of internal financial control within the Finance Accounting and Accounts Receivable Departments.
* Plans develops and implements systems for gathering analyzing and disseminating business information to division management.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance/economics/business administration/management is required OR a BS degree in another discipline and an MBA is required.
* A minimum of 8 years of related business/accounting/finance experience is required.
* Supervision of personnel is required.
* CPA and/or MBA are strongly preferred.
* Comprehensive knowledge of business operations finance and IT systems is a must.
* Strong analytical and communication skills are essential.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit .
Olympus...True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Waltham ||