Compensation: $100000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
A prominent services company is looking to grow its team by hiring a Controller through Robert Half Finance. This is a leadership role with responsibility over an accounting and clerical department. The Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, handles the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, evaluates accounting and internal control systems, and leads departmental staff. This company provides competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and strong opportunity for career growth. We are searching for an individual who can motivate others with a positive professional attitude; displays integrity, reliability and leadership; and can offer outstanding client services by managing self and other with urgency, practicality and accountability. You will also make key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. Being part of the leadership team, you will advance the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and encourage creativity in your team. The full-time Controller position is situated in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
What you get to do every single day
- Perform tasks associated with month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliations & G/L analysis
- Research, plan and implement Finance Department initiatives including software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed
- Ensure deliverables of self and team meet client expectations
- Lead the operations of the finance department which includes accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
- Collaborate with executive team and partners to support efficient and effective firm-wide operation
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Perform duties beyond formal job responsibilities
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Present monthly financial reports to executive committee and partners
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Manage the creation of and monthly monitoring of the annual budget and forecasts
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Excellent technology, analytics and management experience required
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations
- GAAP Accounting experience desired
- US GAAP experience
- Strong familiarity with IFRS Accounting
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience in public accounting is highly valued
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.