Location: Chino, CA 91710
Schedule: 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
Under general supervision, performs routine to moderately complex financial and statistical analyses in support of the Agency's financial and cash management initiatives; assists in the monitoring of Client's cash flow; assists in financial planning and reporting; supports the compilation, review, and analysis of budget items proposals by Client's departments during budget preparation process; analyzes financial programs; monitors investment accounts; and performs related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias.
- 5+ years of experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), financial system (e.g. SAP).
- Effective verbal and writing communication including the ability to draft staff report (e.g. board letter)
- Governmental accounting, auditing, budgeting, and financial reporting
- Computerized accounting and information systems (SAP)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and advanced governmental accounting
- Principles and practices of conducting analytical studies; evaluating alternatives, preparing clear and concise reports, and making sound recommendations in a timely manner
- Responsible for complex and comprehensive financial activities of expense trends, budgeting and cost accounting
- Responsible for financial or managerial accounting and analysis.
- Design, develop and prepare accurate and timely reports and analysis
- Provide financial guidance and general business direction for influencing business decisions and the achievement of strategic goals.
- Investigate and explain variances or unexpected results
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain daily weekly, and monthly financial reports that provide management with information used in the decision-making process of various initiatives/projects.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data and extract and define relevant information.