Purchase Ledger and Banking Coordinator
The Purchase Ledger and Banking Coordinator will be responsible for the smooth and effective running of the accounts payable process, taking sole responsibility for the invoicing and reconciliation side of transactional finance. My client need an engaged and confident purchase ledger who will be able to hit the ground running and take over the function as their own.
This insurance company in Borehamwood are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual as they will be working in a fast paced, friendly team environment. The company have been running for 50 years and are a leading specialist in their industry, focused on providing a great customer experience and the finance team are integral to this.
- To ensure that all supplier invoices are loaded on to the system, are accurately coded to the correct cost centre and expense code and emailed to the Budget Holder in a timely manner
- To closely monitor that invoices are approved by the Budget Holders in line with supplier payment credit terms and to proactively engage with the business to avoid bottlenecks in the system
- To generate purchase ledger payment runs twice a month for two entities for approval by the Senior Finance Manager
- Liaise with suppliers on invoice queries and to document solutions to regular issues so other team members can resolve
- To ensure the departmental risk assessment relating to Purchase Ledger is kept up to date in line with Company guidelines
- To carry out routine audits for banking access
- To carry out selected bank reconciliations
- To carry out ad hoc duties relating to the Operations section of Finance as determined by the Finance Managers
The successful Purchase Ledger and Banking Coordinator will be reliable and able to work to tight deadlines both in a team and independently. They will have a few years of experience in a senior/sole purchase ledger role and be confident in running a sole department, preferably with good systems experience and the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
A competitive salary and progressive role in a medium sized finance team in Borehamwood. Flexible and dynamic working will be on offer to the candidate, with lots of room to learn and develop professionally.