- Maintain Head Office accounting records and reconciliations
- Maintain the project file continually up to date to ensure near real-time budget vs actual information for Project Managers and Programme Management Team.
- Compile monthly and quarterly budget vs actual reports.
- Manage cash flow by analysing budget vs actuals as well as assisting with cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure that timely reimbursement and replenishment requests are submitted and followed up until payment.
- Perform project accounting procedures by ensuring that project budgets are accurate and adhered to.
- Perform donor reporting and ensure that the project-specific financial procedures according to agreements with donors are adhered to.
- Maintain, collate, and validate project financial documentation for the project (including procurement, cash advances, debtors, creditors, etc) for audit purposes.
- Assist project staff in setting up project specific commitment ledgers and performing periodic verifications to ensure that they are maintained and reconciled.
- BCom degree or National Diploma in Accounting.
- Have at least five years experience in accounting or similar position.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Advanced MS Excel
- Experience in procurement would be advantageous.