Our client, a leading global medical company, is currently seeking a Financial Assistant to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified (or part qualified) AAT who is looking to join a well established company with excellent career progression opportunities.
- Daily upkeep of accounting records including the posting of purchase invoices and creation of sales invoices
- Communication with customers and suppliers to ensure accurate and up to date ledgers as well as answering queries as they arise
- Chasing customers to ensure accounts are kept up to date
- Communication with other departments within the company to work cohesively
- Communicate with other staff members to ensure timely collection of expense receipts
- Assisting in the control of inter group transactions and records
- Assisting with the preparation and processing of payment runs
- Assisting with the completion of VAT returns
- Performing reconciliations of bank accounts on a regular basis
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts to be provided to senior management
- Performing other general accounting and administration tasks when necessary
- Promote and adhere to the company values of quality and compliance with current legislation.
Required skills and experience:
- Partially or newly qualified at AAT
- Computer literate & experienced in Microsoft Office applications
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- 2+ years' experience in accounting/finance role
- Experience of using Sage 200 software preferred
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the medical industry an advantage, but not essential
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this role and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please apply to Westcott Search for further details.