Our client is a growing leisure business based in North Wales. Entrepreneurial in nature, this business has developed significantly since its conception 5 years ago and is looking for an energetic and experienced Financial Controller, with a growth mentality, who can thrive in a fast-paced environment and help the business to achieve its ambitions and manage the finance team.
Reporting directly to the business owners, this role will involve working with the senior leadership team to provide accurate and timely financial information, to maximise revenue and profitability for the business. It will also involve challenging, improving and streamlining business systems and processes.
An exciting and varied management role, with direct management responsibility for a small team. Core duties will include:
- Managing, mentoring and developing members of the team
- Managing daily receipt reconciliations and sales invoicing preparation
- Managing the purchase invoice system
- Managing the preparation of management accounts including VAT returns for companies within the Group
- Cash management and preparation and monitoring of cash flow forecasts.
- Overseeing some aspects of payroll and HR
- Developing financial and operational dashboards
- Supporting systems development more broadly across the business and working with IT and software providers
Ideally you will be a qualified accountant, given you will be the go to person finance person on site. You will be a strong communicator who has the credibility to work closely with and influence the senior management team as well as build strong relationships across departments and with your own team.
Excellent working knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Excel is also highly desirable.