Financial Controller | Warrington | Competitive salary plus excellent bonus and career development | Retail, Wholesale & Manufacturing
Are you a qualified accountant with 2 years+ PQE looking to step into your first Financial Controller role or ready for a new one? This is an opportunity to join a business that rarely needs to recruit externally due to their excellent retention and business culture driven by private ownership and leadership. The business is a leader in the market and is primarily B2B in a high volume environment, rapid pace with Retail, Wholesale & Manufacturing arms. The business has grown significantly in recent years through strong strategic decisions now beginning to pay off.
About the role
This Financial Controller role will join the business at an exciting time of change and expansion. The role will report directly to the FD and take full responsibility for the financial management of the division. Key deliverables will include the establishment of sound procedures, processes and controls as well as assistance with the new systems implementation.
- Full ownership of monthly management accounts pack and commentary
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ownership of the fixed asset register and cashflow management including FX
- Budgeting, forecasting and planning
- provision of accurate and timely MI to sales teams
- Management of European trading division
- Development of sales reporting and back order management
- Reviewing finance processes to identify efficiency improvements
- Business partnering with all functions to ensure tight control of all overhead areas and finance processes
- Management of external and internal audit relationship and implemetation of recommendations
- Development of a small team
- Adhoc reporting for senior management
- CIMA, ACCA, ACA qualified
- Energetic and passionate about delivering improvement and efficiencies
- Strong communication written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong numerical and IT skills
- Adaptable to change and commercially driven to seek improvements
Competitive salary plus excellent bonus and career development
Zachary Daniels and our client are both equal opportunity employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Due to recent significant increases in applications, it might take us longer than we would like to respond to relevant profiles, we know this can be frustrating, thank you for your patience.