The Assistant Controller is a key leader on the plant leadership team. Incumbent contributes to all areas of plant management and provide strong financial leadership; responsible in providing the consolidation, production analysis and direction to the manufacturing facilities in the pursuit of continuous improvement. Assistant Controller is responsible for the preparation and analysis of actual, forecasted and AOP costs, materials and operating expenditures. Implementation and monitoring of procedures to ensure compliance with corporate policies to ensure that the financial results obtained from manufacturing, operational and commercial operations achieve the expected objectives with consistency and reliability. Also, implementation, monitoring and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Law, internal and corporate policies and procedures.
In addition, the Assistant Controller will carry out the analysis and coordination of the costing process, as well as the presentation of the main variations. Coordinates from the financial point of view the efficiency management of the factory, including the analysis of the projects of productivity in the factory and purchase of materials.
- Analyze monthly financial results of Actual versus, AOP and Prior Periods in order to achieve the predetermined objectives
- Prepare monthly controls to show factory risks and opportunities every month/quarter/year
- Measure, evaluate and guide company strategies to meet internal and corporate goals
- Ensure the correct decision making based on the financial viability of investments, production changes,stock controls and scheduling of activities
- Ensure internal control process aiming at compliance with the norms determined by the corporation's policy and accounting standards
- To support in integration / changing process from local Sheppard processes to global processes, including SAP implementation
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley standards, internal procedures and internal policies, always aligning internal decisions with the Corporation
- Provide direction and oversight to Cost Accountants
- Coordinate financial KPIs related to the Manufacturing area, such as: productivity, cost conversion, labor expenses, etc.
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Post graduate or M.B.A. in the area of ??Finance or Controllership a plus.
- 4 years of experience in Financial planning, analysis, forecasting, cost accounting experience and reporting to global manufacturing companies
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- Proven Team Leadership skills
- Knowledge of Mapics and SAP
- Communication skills with internal and external customers
- Planning and organizational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in team environment
- Analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Sense of urgency and accountability