SR Financial Analyst I
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Primary Objective: In broad terms, briefly state the major purpose of primary objective of this position.
• Support business unit goals and objectives by assisting with the development of strategic and operational business plans, and the administration of sound financial and sales planning policies, procedures and processes
• Assists in the preparation of a consolidated budget, business plans and EVA (Economic Value Added ) financial evaluations.
• Consults with the sales and marketing management teams to pan for and successfully accomplish established goals and objectives
• Serves as a liaison, providing financial and statistical reports, data management and system support to a large, decentralized and extremely diverse workforce.
Major Function and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function of responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
• Supports business plan and develop strategic long- and short- term business goals and objectives. Provide analysis on a variety of financial issues and business opportunities. This includes determining the appropriate analytical methodologies,
• developing and presenting alternatives solutions, summarizing results and making recommendations to assist in managerial decision-making.
• The analyses are likely to include:
- Analysis of industry and competitive data
- Determination of value chains and profitability drives and their linkage to the creation of shareholder value; development of appropriate measures and benchmarks to monitor performance
- Identification of potential value-recognizing financial management techniques and systems, that provides in-depth knowledge of operational performance
- Analysis of the inter-relations between regulatory capital requirements, industry capital structure, and internal measurement of value at risk.
- Identification of critical factors affecting profitability and recommendations for proactive planning, for external market and economic changes that has the potential to impact the business
• Consults with the management teams to plan for and successfully accomplish the following objectives:
- Identify, develop and evaluate new business/program opportunities
- Coordinate the division's annual budget process and related forecasting; plan and control overhead expenses, using appropriate auditing and systems reporting processes to monitor and address mis-management of allocated resources.
- Establish and maintain an effective system for analyzing operating performance against planned goals and objectives
- Provide financial and statistical reporting, data management and system support to a large, decentralized and extremely diverse sales force.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of the data manager system, recommending system enhancement, data collection and reporting functionality that support the needs of the business units and decentralized sales force. Oversee from a technical standpoint, quality assurance of analytical work performed within the business units ensuring accuracy, consistency of methodologies and documentation of procedures in accordance with corporate internal control, GAAP and other regulatory guidelines and agencies.
• Stay abreast of the industry and economic change and trends and determines potential impact on the business revenue and sales potential, as well as customer requirements; work with diverse management groups, peers, and project teams to proactively identify and resolve operational and tactical issues and to employ and manage supporting business and culture change that accompanies growth
• Performs other duties as required in support of the company/division goals and objectives.
Type of Experience and Knowledge:
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision: Describe the education, knowledge required, years of
experience, specific skills and abilities required to do the job on a fully competent basis.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline. MBA or equivalent degree required.
• CPA or CMA certification required
• 7+ years of job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement, experience must include...
- Advance analytical depth and strong technical skill in finance, accounting and business performance analysis and modeling
- Demonstrated experience developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and
complex business problems
- Extensive use of personal computers and spreadsheets packages, financial and accounting application software
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of sales planning and analysis, involving the management of complex data requirements
- A thorough understanding of operating and capital budgeting processes
• Demonstrated project management skills and experience; leading, organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation, across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
Competencies: Describe the specific skills required for this position in terms of technical, managerial, interpersonal skills and unique abilities.
• Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers, and senior management, and ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situations using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
• Strategic consulting skills which move beyond adherence to analytical tools and methodologies; the ability to "think outside the box" generate alternative solutions for consideration, provide comprehensive risk/benefit analysis on those alternatives, and ability to present this information in a way that establishes rapport, gains understanding and persuades others.
• Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
• Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct
Associates Supervised: Indicate the numbers of associates that report to this position (only complete for exempt supervisory/managerial positions).
May provide leadership and work direction to project teams and junior team members.
Other Pertinent Job Information: (Such as: American with Disabilities Act- ADA requirements for certain hourly positions).
Normal office environment
Local and domestic travel
Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to
indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.