The Business Assurance group of Intertek provides a full range of business process audit and support services, including management systems certification, custom supplier audits and training. Our range of services helps to ensure customer management systems are optimized to facilitate successful growth
By delegation from the Food Program Manager, the Food Safety Auditor has responsibility for providing effective and competent office support to the Branch in a safe, legal, and ethical manner.
- Audit client's food safety program (ie, FSSC, SQF, 2nd Party) for compliance with established standards.
- Assist clients with questions relevant to the audit and/or certification process.
- Review client's food safety program documentation.
- Verify and document evidence of compliance and non-compliance.
- Write comprehensive reports on the audit findings.
- Review audit results with client. Make presentations to clients and/or certification board concerning audit results.
- Assist management in addressing any appeals relative to assessment.
- Coordinate activities with other assessment team members.
- Conduct technical reviews.
- Participate in audit meetings and process improvement.
- Work within external audit databases.
- Provide management with updates on status of work, initiatives, and projects, as required
- Travel extensively, including overnight/multiple days, to various work-sites and client locations.
- Perform other work as required.
- Carrying out all responsibilities in a supportive manner with total adherence to: The Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, Quality Management System, Compliance and Ethics Policies, Vision, Mission and Strategy, and exercises good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in a food related science.
- 4-6 years directly related food industry experience
- Successful completion of Lead Auditor training is a plus.
- Possess a valid unrestricted driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle in the performance of the official duties of the position.
- Ability to travel to work sites for varying duration's as job dictates
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in both verbal and written format.
- Ability to view, read and comprehend a variety of reports and manuals of a technical nature, computer screen, etc.
- Physical dexterity to perform assessment functions which are inherent to the position, such as investigating all areas of client facilities which requires bending/stooping, reaching, climbing, etc.
- Mobility to travel by auto and airplane.
- Ability to be on your feet, walking, for typical full shifts of 6 - 8 hours.
- Exposure to various industrial environments.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.