Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women's and children's health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Billing Coordinatorlocated in Phoenix, AZ .
The Billing Coordinator I is a non-clinical representative who performs administrative, operational, and quality assurance functions to support the billing process. The coordinator acts as a company resource to the healthcare community, including hospital-based individuals. The Coordinator is responsible for the assembly, organization, completeness and submission of patient medical records to RCM while providing practice support to the providers and facilities.
- Gather, reconcile, review and assemble all medical/billing records from all sources within the facility.
- Verify all information is included with the medical/billing record prior to submission to the corporate office. Review records for clinical quality and billing integrity.
- Identify and follow-up on all deficient medical/billing records which include missing and incomplete records or elements.
- Maintain deficiency logs, graphs and grids on a daily basis.
- Communicate with Clinical Leadership, Chief(s), Director(s) and individual providers to coordinate corrections, updates and completion of deficient medical records.
- Ensure all medical record corrections are made on the original medical record by the original provider and copies submitted to HIM Department at the facility and to corporate for billing.
- First point of contact in identifying documentation issues / trends to Site Billing Manager and Provider Education.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for adhering to Information Security Policies and ensuring Envision is as secure as possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Work autonomously and able to prioritize work daily
- Detailed oriented
- Demonstrate strong communicate skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Medical terminology, medical legal knowledge, and a clinical knowledge base are also essential
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree and 2 or more years of training in the medical industry
• Associates Degree, a plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Coding experience is a plus.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in creating data extracts and/or reports preferred
- Experience with EMRs/EHRs a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes full Medical, Dental and Vision benefits effective on your first day of employment. A company matching 401 K, tuition reimbursement, company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability, as well as generous PTO and Paid Holidays.
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.