Lead Auditor - FSSC / SQF / BRC
DNV GL Business Assurance North America's Food and Beverage Division partners with clients to assure quality and safety throughout the supply chain through certification, verification, training and assessment activities. As independent THIRD-PARTY auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to provide the highest quality and Food safe products. Our auditors perform 3rd party quality and/or Food safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers. Auditors focus on clients certification according to their individual qualifications. Food and Beverage auditors work with clients large and small at locations around the country to improve and ensure quality and safety at all points along the value chain.
Tasks May Include
- Performs 3rd party certification audits for US and Canada F&B customers to FSSC, SQF or BRC standards
- Performs 2nd party quality and/or Food safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
- Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
- Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
- Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
- A degree in a food related or bioscience discipline
- 5+ years in Food & Beverage manufacturing or QA.
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Course (Min 20 Hr HACCP alliance recognized)
- FSSC/SQF/BRC Lead Auditor recognized Course (one or more required).
- Have completed required number of observations, team auditor and acting lead auditor audits to be qualified as a lead auditor (audit log copy required).
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification (with NACE codes for food plant audits) Preferred
- Ability to read/interpret audit protocols and work instructions
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to audiences of varying size, seniority and technical competency
- Able to lift and carry up to 10 lbs in addition to transporting one's own luggage for multiple-day travel and push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, and kneel with that which is lifted, carried, or transported.
- Able to walk and stand for up to 4 hours at a time and maneuver throughout multiple levels of client sites either by stairs or elevator (if available)
- Ability to travel extensively and when needed, this can include weekends
- Must possess a valid driver's license and can rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required.
- We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is one of the world's leading certification bodies. We help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment, and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!