Accounts and Tax Senior
As a fast-growing business, they are now looking to recruit an Accounts & Tax Senior for a wide-ranging role.
You will be working on a diverse combination of statutory accounting and tax-related assignments, including offering informed business advice to your SME clients.
You will have a strong expertise in a practice environment, your confidence and reliability will be essential in order to act as a trusted advisor to Senior Management.
ACA, ACCA , AAT, ATT qualifications would be highly beneficial but are not essential, and study assistance is available for active studiers.
As an ideal candidate, you will have some exposure to cloud-based accounting systems as well as the ability to train your clients in their utilisation.
* Preparation of accounts.
* VAT Returns.
* Managing a portfolio of private clients (including individuals, sole traders, partnerships and trusts).
* Liaising with other offices/departments as required.
* Carrying out compliance work for personal and corporate clients of the firm.
* Dealing with HMRC as required by email, letter and telephone.
* Liaising with clients as and when required.
* Preparing form P11Ds.
* Ensuring clients are advised of impending deadlines.
* Training junior members of staff as required.
* Identifying planning opportunities in respect of clients' affairs.
* Assisting the Tax Manager in managing the department compliance process.
* Dealing with HMRC enquiries.
If you are ready to take the next step in your practice career, please do not hesitate to contact me.
If you're looking for an Accounts & Tax Senior role in Sheffield but felt this position wasn't the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Sheffield we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Sheffield as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Tax Seniors in Sheffield. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today