Coding and Billing Specialist
Pacific Medical Data Solutions, a company of LifePoint Health, is a rapidly growing nationwide revenue cycle management services provider that has been offering high quality medical billing services since 2004. Headquartered in the Denver Tech Center, we offer a rewarding work environment with career advancement opportunities while maintaining a small company, employee-focused atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist. The position will spend the bulk of their time making sure that their clients are fully supported from a charge entry, coding, and billing perspective. Clearinghouse knowledge and working experience is also a plus! You would be working in a team environment with guidance from the Coding Manager. This position also works closely with the AR department for coding related issues.
Perform Evaluation and Management coding, procedure, ICD-10 and HCPC quality reviews as well as other projects related to physician coding compliance. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of complex coding, and reimbursement, as they relate to physician practices and clinic settings. Keeps informed regarding current coding regulations, professional standards and company/department policies and procedures and effectively applies this knowledge.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Seeking Certified Pro-Fee with a minimum of 3-5 years' coding experience.
- Experience with Provider Based and Rural Health but not required.
- Apply appropriate coding classification standards and guidelines to medical record documentation for accurate coding.
- Resolve medical record documentation deficiencies through healthcare provider query and provide routine feedback to correct deficiencies.
- Perform quality assessment of records, including verification of medical record documentation (both electronic and handwritten).
- Responsible for researching errors or missing documentation from medical record in order to provide accurate coding processes.
- Abstract and assign the appropriate ICD-10, HCPCS/CPT codes; including Level I & Level II modifiers as appropriate for all diagnosis and procedures performed in outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of processes and procedures for each assigned client revolving around system use, billing/coding rules, and client specific guidelines.
- Manage time effectively to meet all required deadlines and time-frames for client and department needs.
- Collaborate in a team environment with the Department Manager and other staff on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and laws.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years medical coding experience
- Coding Certification through AHIMA or AAPC
Certifications: T he following certifications (or eligibility therefor):
- Specialty certification
- Ability to create and follow written procedure.
- Ability to provide professional written communication and excellent customer service.
- Technical proficiency with computers, basic Microsoft software, and medical software systems (PM/EHR)
- High-school diploma (Bachelor Degree preferred)
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong technical and computer skills (PM/EHR Software, Excel, Outlook, MS Office, Web)
- Ability to learn new systems, software and client specialties quickly
- Self-starter with little to no supervision
- Coding, Charge Review, Charge Entry, Billing, Bill Out, Clearinghouse, Rejections, Denials
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.