An exciting position for an accountant has become available at a top organic agricultural farming company based in Mphumalanga.
The prospective candidate will need to be based in the Komatipoort/Malelane area.
The prospective candidate needs to have at least 5 years general accounting to balance sheet experience in a medium.
The position requires a skilled, calm and professional candidate able to work accurately and independently.
Integrity, the ability to handle confidential matters and to maintain confidentiality at all times is critical.
The individual must be organised and flexible and be able to communicate with other staff with necessary respect and professionalism.
Core competencies required with proven track record in:
- B.Com Accounting or a related qualification
- Pastel Evolution or related experience
- Attention to detail
- Adjust to change quickly
- Communicate effectively
The responsibilities include some of the following:
- Monitor Inventory cost variances
- Preparing of Cash books and Bank Reconciliations
- Preparing and sending of Invoices/Credit Notes to Debtors and Debtors Control.
- Reviews general ledger reconciliations for accuracy and ensures all outstanding items are cleared timely
- Processing month end journals and journal reconciliations
- Update Fixed Asset Register, including but not limited to: additions, sales, scrapping, improvements to land and buildings, monthly depreciation
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly management accounts and ensuring they are accurate and compete before distributing them
- Completing annual Agri surveys
- Submit annual rebate application for land tax
- Check annual insurance increase as well as the monthly tax invoice. This also includes the asset additions or deletions to insurance, submitting claims where necessary
- Processing shares, including but not limited to: dividends, sales, purchases
- Assisting admin with questions relating to accounting matters
- Monitors the debtors age analysis to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with agreed terms
- Check VAT report and submit VAT201 via sarsefliing before the due date
- Do necessary EMP201 calculations and submit via sarsefiling timeously
- Compiles the working papers and supporting documents for the annual audit file
- Annual provisional tax estimation
- Assisting with Auditors with required information when doing their annual audit visit
- Keeps abreast of tax requirements and legislation
- Hardworking, driven and passionate
- Deadline driven