Classification: Assistant Controller
Compensation: $125000.00 to $150000.00 yearly
We are seeking a self-starter with a demonstrated history of identifying issues and problem solving for this exciting Assistant Controller role. The Assistant Controller role will report to the Controller and supervise accounting staff. This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Long Beach, California area. Apply with Robert Half Finance & Accounting today to join a well-respected Logistics company.
Or for confidential consideration, please email your resume in MS Word format to David Bizub at email@example.com or call David at 310.719.1400. If you are already working with a recruiter from Robert Half, please contact him or her directly to expedite your candidacy for this role.
- Scan and conceive Ad Hoc financial reports
- Encourage implementation and certify adherence to accounting policies and procedures
- Compose diverse procedures, policies, and technical accounting analyses
- Contribute to the preparation of GAAP financial statements, including budgeting and forecasting
- Well-developed preparation and coordination of fiscal year-end audits
- Supervise the accounting team during the closing process to certify deadlines are met
- Other duties as requested
- Backfill for Controller as provided
- Encourage accountability and the meeting of deliverables
- Specify and generate process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency
- Assure regular account reconciliation to completion
- Develop relevant and timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, actual spend against budgets/outlook, and key financial metrics
- Contribute to ensure a competent, trained staff through development, goal setting, and regular assessment
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Significant accounting experience, including as a Bookkeeper preferred
- Foundational knowledge in Consolidated Financial
- Knowledge of year end closings
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting
- General familiarity with Month-end Financial
- Adeptness in Financial Consolidation
- Practical knowledge of Year-end Financial Statements
- Month end closings experience
- Financial Analytics experience highly desired
- Annual Financial Reporting experience
- Distinguished analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting experience
- CPA certification desired
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively throughout all levels of the company
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes' annual ranking of America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.