Chief Financial Officer
CNS Healthcare, a leading provider of Mental Health Services in southeast Michigan is seeking a full-time Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our dynamic and fast-paced team. The successful candidate will:
- act as a true business partner to the President & CEO
- possess a demonstrated ability to effectively articulate financial concepts and plans.
- have a proven record of success as a senior financial leader in a private non-profit organization.
- understand the complexity of the public mental system and the external factors affecting the success of CNS.
- possesses the Business and Financial acumen necessary to hit the ground running
- develop and deliver financial and operational measurement tools to provide timely information for executive action
- possess strong strategy development skills with the ability to think creatively and provide support to the CEO to mobilize around appropriate opportunities
- develop and implement creative financial management strategies
What you'll be doing
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and programmatic expertise to the organization and supervises the accounting staff. The CFO is responsible for all financial aspects of the organization and all contracted financial service obligations. The CFO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and leads all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, investment management, and forecasting needs. As a member of the Executive Team, the CFO is responsible for taking a leadership role and contributing to a positive organizational tone, culture and climate.
What we’re looking for:
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, or related field is required; MBA preferred; CPA required.
- At least ten years’ experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization or Healthcare organization
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Office of Management and Budget Circular A133 audit.
- Expert knowledge of GAAP and fund accounting.
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to present and explain financials to senior management, staff, board members, and financial community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and courteously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Work, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to be forward thinking and take initiative to accomplish goals and objectives of the
- Ability to analyze information, research issues, pay attention to detail, and meet
Competitive Salary with merit based bonus potential, Generous PTO, 14 paid holidays, auto allowance, and excellent health and welfare benefits!