McDaniel College, recognized nationally among “Colleges that Change Lives” and U.S. News and World Report top-tier liberal arts colleges, is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences offering more than 60 undergraduate programs of study, including dual and student-designed majors, plus 20 highly regarded graduate programs.
McDaniel College invites applications for a Controller. Salary for this full-time position is commensurate with qualifications and experience. At McDaniel College we value our employees by offering our full-time employees tuition remission, 403B retirement accounts, paid time off, medical insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and paid maternity and parental leave. Visit College website for details.
Reporting to the Vice President for Administration and Finance, the Controller is responsible for all accounting operations for the institution and will oversee the maintenance and retention for business-related records. The Controller leads a team of two accountants, a team of four in the Accounts Receivable (Bursar) area, and 1.5 staff in the Accounts Payable office. The Controller also supervises the Assistant Controller.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college preferably in business administration and accounting.
- MBA with a focus in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Current CPA license in good standing.
- Three to five years of accounting experience; higher education preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Accurate, detail oriented, quantitative skills including the ability to compile and analyze data and reports of a technical nature.
- Ability to work extended hours at times when needed.
- Excellent communication, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office Suite, accounting systems, report writing).
- Ability to deal with difficult people, while maintaining decorum.
- Must be able to anticipate and plan for cyclical activities.
- Discretion and reliability in sensitive and confidential matters.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague desirable.
For a complete job description and to apply, please visit the college’s employment webpage. Completed applications must include a cover letter addressing position qualifications and related experience, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications begins immediately.
McDaniel College, an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in the recruitment, admission, and employment of students, faculty, and staff in the operation of any of its educational programs and activities. McDaniel College will not tolerate any discrimination or harassment on basis of any protected status including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, military status, genetic information, marital status, veteran’s status or any other legally protected status. For more information on the college’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, please visit the college’s Campus Diversity & Inclusion web page.