Financial Controller job paying up to £50k for a legal firm in Derby. ACCA/CIMA qualified
Your new company
A great new opportunity to join a fast growing legal business in Derby who has almost tripled in size over the last 5 years. You will be joining the head office function with almost 100 staff and be part of a business that has a national presence in a number of additional cities. This business is looking for a confident Financial Controller who may be given the chance to step up into an FD role down the line.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the finance team. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing all financial aspects of the business including financial and regulatory reporting
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting process, working with various departments to drive budget control
- Developing internal policy and procedures to ensure quality control as well as to strengthen internal controls
- Oversee the preparation and submission of monthly financial statements
- Working with the wider business to meet objectives whilst embedding the cultural values
- Lead, motivate and develop a finance team of 6, as well as any new additions to the department.
- Managing good relationships with all internal departments to support effective communication
- Delivering exceptional customer service when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you must be a qualified (ACCA/CIMA) Accountant with proven experience of working as a Financial Controller. You will have previous experience of managing a team and delivering outstanding results to support the growth of a business. You will be a team player and looking to join a business that boasts an inclusive environment.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to join a wonderful business that truly cares about its employees. The MD of the business has continuously supported the employees with presence and care during what has been a difficult year (COVID). You will be given a salary of up to £50k and have the chance to work in a business that supports development and growth. For the right candidate, there is an opportunity to step up into a Finance Director position in the future.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly