Interim Controller / Director of Finance
The Controller / Director of Finance will lead, plan, direct and control the finance and accounting functions to create a solid control environment. Ensure that accounting principles, governance guidelines, financial legal requirements, and other instructions from the Group and Division are implemented and respected. Communicate current and future business performance issues. Key member of the leadership team, providing financial business partnering.
• Lead a small team of accounting professionals
• Develop accounting team to provide all employees opportunity for growth and development
• Responsible for the development, implementation and control of systems and records for accurate reporting and recording of financial information.
• Establish accounting procedures and controls to ensure transactions are properly recorded and to safeguard company assets.
• Establish and maintain internal accounting controls to verify the accuracy in computations, proper support in classification and recording of all transactions.
• Provide strong leadership to operating teams to ensure established controls are well-understood and followed.
• Provide accounting policy interpretation and guidance to the accounting and operating teams. Includes the preparation of accounting position papers.
• Control the general ledger to ensure that all invoices, cash receipts, invoice adjustments and general ledger transactions are properly documented and recorded.
• Ensure Disclosure Statement accurately reflects accounting practices and ensures compliance with Disclosure Statement.
• Leads Internal Audit, external audit, DCAA, DCMA, FACTS reviews, and balance sheet reviews for all applicable sites.
• Develop solutions to complex business issues encountered within the businesses.
• Direct special projects comprised of cross functional teams as needed.
• Provide key decision makers support and analysis to make informed decision.
• Manage, educate, and mentor staff / team of professionals.
• Create an atmosphere where people are engaged, rewarded for progress, and share a strong sense of ownership of the organization.
• Lead the monthly closing process to ensure timely and accurate reporting
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 10+ years of experience in accounting or controllership
• 5+ years of manufacturing experience
• Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
• Business acumen and understanding of business operations
• Strong communication interpersonal skills
• Unquestioned business ethics, honesty, and integrity
• Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
• CPA preferred
• Excellent PC skills in Windows Suite
• Aerospace experience a plus
• Prefer candidates with Government Accounting experience
• Strong organizational skills and process adherence skills
**For immediate consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com