Tax Partner - Credits & Incentives - Washington National Tax
We are currently seeking candidates to assume leadership of the Federal Credits & Incentives technical team after a one-year transition period before the current lead partner's retirement. Experience and expertise as a technical specialist in research and development incentives is essential. In addition, experience and expertise in one or more additional credits/ incentives from the list below is highly desirable, as well as the ability to quickly get up to speed in the full range of credits and incentives to provide adequate technical support to RSM tax professionals and clients:
- Research and development tax credits
- Research and experimentation expenses
- Meals and entertainment deductions
- Domestic production activities deduction (for pre-repeal open tax years)
- F ederal excise tax exemptions and credits
- Paid family and medical leave credit
- Orphan drug credit
- Work opportunity tax credit
Partners and Principals in our Washington National Tax practice have the following responsibilities with respect to their specific areas of subject matter expertise:
- Consulting with clients and client engagement teams, including leading IRS and state examination defense for subject matter issues
- Providing technical, process and strategic leadership for the regional teams in the Credits, Incentives and Methods service line.
- Generating thought leadership alerts articles and other content
- Liaising with Treasury, IRS and Capitol Hill, with a focus on monitoring developments
- Leading internal knowledge sharing, including the development and delivery of training
- Developing client repeatable models, service ideas and tools
- Ensuring a focus on tax quality and client service excellence
- Minimum of 10 years' experience focusing on federal tax credits and incentives in the national office of a large firm, a national tax credits and incentives practice of a large firm or IRS National Office
- Minimum of 5 years' experience leading a national or regional research tax credit practice
- BS/BA degree in accounting
- CPA or JD
- Masters in Taxation or LLM
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.