Director, Australia Risk Management & Oversight
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Delivering on the regulatory requirements for PayPal Australia Pty. Ltd ("PPAU"), this Leadership position is responsible for second line oversight of the PPAU's Risk and Compliance Management Program driving a data-driven approach that meets both the PayPal global framework and all local regulatory requirements. This role will report to the Head of Australia Risk & Compliance.
- Key point of contact for oversight of PPAU's execution of the Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management framework
- Utilize risk assessment, risk appetite and other key risk indicators to drive real-time risk insights and intelligence to adequately manage PPAU's risks
- Provide day to day management and support for all PPAU regulatory interactions, examinations and adhoc requests.
- Provide guidance to business partners relating to the development of controls for critical business processes to mitigate compliance/operational risk.
- Support in the drafting of presentation materials to the PPAU Board of Directors and Risk Management Committee
- Partner with the Global Risk & Compliance team to ensure compliance with local prudential risk and compliance requirements.
- Identify potential areas of operational risk and compliance vulnerability, developing and implementing solutions to resolve issues, and providing guidance for future avoidance of similar issues.
- Serve as a credible business partner to executives and other key stakeholders.
- Execute risk and compliance assessments and recommendations to strengthen the control environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business in identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and managing risk.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are understood and complied with within emerging Australia growth initiatives and new products.
- Support drafting of key policies and guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team professionals; strive to deliver exceptional and responsive service by providing risk and compliance management expertise in a clear, solution oriented and customer-focused manner.
- Support execution of regulatory change management initiatives.
- Support maintenance of risks in line with risk taxonomy, framework and assessment process.
- Support first line in prioritization of risk mitigation.
- Escalate timely and actionable information to key stakeholders.
- Support management and operations with problem solving on regulatory matters.
- Deep knowledge of global financial institutions, money service business, and/or banking compliance, including significant knowledge of anti-money laundering, data protection, anti-corruption/Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and consumer protection regulations.
- At least 10+ years of experience in a large organization including demonstrated leadership in building risk and compliance frameworks.
- At least 7 years of people management experience.
- Extensive experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process, ideally for non-bank financial institutionss.
- Law degree preferred.
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, including global shared services functions that reside outside Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Ability to take ownership of outcomes and the ability to work with business unit teams to confront issues and drive performance.
- Skilled at identifying and recommending cost effective solutions and organizing resource allocation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with and counseling senior business clients, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and operational process skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills with the ability to successfully work multiple issues at one time.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross functionally with operations and technology functions.
- Ability to operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Partnership - organisational awareness, engages widely with peers and seniors across PayPal.
- Innovate - leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing environment; challenges convention.
- Deliver Stand out Results - develops decisive strategies that deliver tangible results.
- Execution - focuses the business area on strategic priorities; operates clear, simple systems.
- Enable and Grow Talent - builds capability and a succession pipeline.
- Leadership - contributes to the business leadership agenda; sets business area vision.
Our world-class culture is something we're proud of. We're committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Social and wellness programs
- Recognition Awards (Spot Awards)
- Support for new parents
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. We are passionate and proud of our company. It is this vigor and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com .
Posted 16 Days Ago
At PayPal we are reimagining money, democratizing financial services, and giving people more ways to safely connect to their money and to each other. We are purpose-driven and looking for people who want to join us at the forefront of the digital payments revolution.
Learn more about privacy-related questions or data retention.
Please note that this site has updated features that can't run on older versions of Internet Explorer. Please use IE11 or MS Edge for an optimal experience.