CFO - International Tech company (PE backed)
Our client is a PE backed, high growth international technology provider with revenues approaching £80m and an EBITDA of c.£25m. Following recent PE investment, they are now seeking a highly commercial CFO to work closely with the CEO, SMT and the wider Board. The CFO will have overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the business, providing commercial analysis, insight and recommendations for the global business. They will also manage external relationships with the PE house, Lenders and Auditors. The CFO must be commercially aware, hands on and have the ability to advise the CEO on the best path of growth for the business.
This is a critical appointment for the business and will test a talented CFO who will be excited about contributing to a fast growing international business with an excellent brand in a rapidly growing and evolving sector.
- Direct and control all aspects of financial management which includes general accounting, accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, payroll, inter-country accounting, cashflow and net working capital management
- Lead and manage a growing global financial team with the goals of improving organisational effectiveness and implementing an optimal cost structure for the needs of the business.
- Ensure that revenue, cost and profit are properly recorded and allocated within the group.
- Ensure absolute clarity of the financial numbers at all times
- Ensure that the company is compliant with all tax, regulatory, legal and operating requirements in all countries it operates in.
- Ensure effective corporate governance, risk management and control policies and processes are in place across the business. This would include but not limited to:
- Ensure processes are being followed and proactively audit and suggest improvements.
- Ensure that contracts entered into are clear in scope, commercially sound and documented in a way that protects the interests of the Company.
- Ensuring mechanisms to forecast and manage costs are robust.
- Manage the working relationship with the company's internal and external auditors, financial advisors, legal advisors and bankers in order to run all aspects of the business effectively and efficiently.
- Lead the annual financial planning process. Direct and control the business planning process, including long-term business planning, annual budgets and investment performances.
- Work with business partners in successful execution of business and financial goals.
- Provide all reporting and financial requirements to the PE shareholders.
- Manage the working relationships with the company's legal advisors in order to supervise and assist in obtaining any legal advice necessary.
- Direct and coordinate the preparation and consolidation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports, budgets and statutory accounts.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor and analyse performance against plan and provide senior management with analysis and information as required.
- Advise on structuring transactions including pricing arrangements and cross-border trading.
- Manage and optimise currency hedging as and when required
- Provide ongoing review and assurance of pricing processes and tools to ensure commercial arrangements are costed profitably and consistently.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A qualified Accountant or equivalent, preferably ACA or ACCA is essential;
- A first class academic record is highly desirable;
- Previous experience as a CFO or Finance Director in a technology, digital or tech-enabled business is highly desirable;
- Experience of leading the finance team in a mid-sized company
- Proven experience as a CFO in a high growth business;
- International experience, preferably outside of Europe
- Highly commercial but unafraid to get into the detail
- Analytical mind-set and the ability to utilise data to shape commercial decisions
- Track record of effectively leading and developing successful finance teams across several locations;
- Experience of working in a collegiate SMT and Board of Directors;
- Worked as a number two in the Company, advising and providing counsel to the CEO
- Hands-on experience of running finance teams including Tax, Treasury, Risk, Audit;
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills to work closely with external stakeholders including the PE shareholders, lenders, and auditors;
- Problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis;
- Good commercial and negotiation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES & VALUES:
- A high intellect is essential
- Cultural fit with a high energy, entrepreneurial and progressive international business
- Strategic thinking and an ability to formulate the long term vision
- Charisma and leadership; outstanding people management skills. The ability to balance openness and approachability with driving the team for results
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed
- Exceptional interpersonal / communication skills, both internally and externally
- Gravitas - an authentic leader who incites respect from others
- A natural problem solver
- An entrepreneurial mentality
- A straightforward style with the ability to make informed decisions quickly
- Self-assured but with a low ego
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Collegiate - personable, social, good at building internal relationships.
- An international attitude to business and cultures