Fund Accountant Real Estate-Private Equity - 6 month c
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The Real Estate Fund Accounting team provides core accounting services, plus asset servicing and investment and product support to the real estate fund range in UK & Europe. Typical Funds that would be worked on would include the single asset Funds and / or sub Funds that consolidate up to larger funds and / or multi-manager Funds.
What you'll need to do
- Produce audited accounts under FRS102, Board papers, NAV calculations, income distribution calculations, income tax and VAT returns for UK and Jersey institutional Funds where required;
- For the creation and provision of specific significant area(s) of regulatory/compliance information; and
- For the refinement of existing procedures/practices and processes.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications you need
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified or equivalent
- Fully conversant with all major aspects of the Real Estate investment industry and within the specific field of financial services operations; and
- Able to provide advice and guidance to more junior members of staff.
The knowledge, skills and qualifications that'll help
- Familiarity and / or hands-on experience with Yardi Voyager
- Knowledge of Pan European Real Estate Fund structures and Service providers
What you'll be like
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of industry changes
- Ability and willingness to learn processes and procedures
- Client focused, able to provide excellent level of client service
- Maintains high professional standards of conduct and practice
- Good administration skills, with high level of accuracy and attention
- Good written and oral communication skills at all levels, both internally and externally
- Able to work autonomously/pro-actively
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Good at working in a team, and with other teams
- Flexible, curious and willing to learn
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.