Senior Fund Controller - Real Estate Operations
Senior Fund Controller - Real Estate Operations - OUR CLIENT - Has instructed us on a brand new hire. They have a proven track record of providing long-term investment solutions within the real estate sector and they operate on a global scale. As a result of continued growth and investment, they are currently seeking a high calibre Senior Fund Controller to join their notable finance team in London. THE ROLE - As their Senior Fund Controller, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Responsible for IFRS Financial & Regulatory Reporting and reviewing and approving IFRS / Local (statutory) GAAP financials within the fund structure.
- Preparing management accounts, including actuals v budget variance analysis.
- Managing and oversight of the fund administrators/ SPV external accounting service providers.
- Calculating fund and investor performance returns including NAV, INREV, unit/share prices and management fees
- Preparing forecasted and actual distribution calculations.
- Managing the annual audit process for relevant funds and entities.
- Responsible for Financial loan covenant calculations and reporting.
- Preparing financial information for internal and external Boards and Committees.
- Monitoring and managing tax filings / tax compliance for income/corporate tax, withholding tax, capital gains tax, value add tax.
- Analysing tax law change impacts on the fund structure.
- Overseeing the cash management across the entire fund structure.
- Processing capital calls, distributions, redemptions
- Reviewing and approving payment instructions.
- Managing the SPV/Fund liquidation process.
- Responsible for the financial due diligence of new target investments including financial appraisal
- Business partnering; providing financial expertise, review and structuring advice
- Preparing and /or review and interrogation of financial models.
- Providing financial support for large development programs.
- Preparation and / or review and validation of client financial reporting.
THE PERSON - To apply, you will be either ACCA or ACA qualified and have 6+ years of asset management industry experience working with UK and/or European Real estate fund structures. You will have extensive knowledge of current accounting standards (IFRS/Lux GAAP) and of corporation tax requirements. The successful candidate will have experience of managing multiple funds simultaneously and will have previous knowledge of managing third party Fund Administrators. You will possess excellent communication skills and be organised and proactive. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work with a growing Investment portfolio within a notable finance team. The individual will also be willing to travel to Europe.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook