VAT/ Tax Analyst Vacancy | Permanent | Nottingham (Home based right now)
Disclaimer: this advert mentions Covid and Brexit. I apologise.
Do you want to be the go-to tax person in the company? Bringing everything in-house. You'll be driving the transition from the external accountants to having this in-house. Not a bad achievement for the CV early on, right?
Perhaps you're working for several complex businesses in practice right now, but, ultimately, you'd love to be advising and having an impact on one. Making things tick. Making the right decision and having ownership of them?
Or, perhaps you're already in industry, and looking to do a similar job elsewhere?
Either way, this could fit for you.
If you're in practice, it could suit if you have a mixed client base including some businesses between roughly £10-50m. Not ruling anyone out who hasn't had this exposure, or who has worked on much bigger clients either.
The FC is great, down to earth, approachable and willing to support in whatever way he can too. They have a strong relationship with their external accountants too, so there's always support there too.
Need flexibility? That's fine too, the team are happy to consider someone 4 days or 5 days per week. Work from home policy wise, in-line with Covid-19 restrictions they're working successfully from home right now, we're not sure where this will be long term, but, I'd say they're a flexible company open to having a sensible conversation.
It could suit someone qualified, ACA,ACCA,CTA,ATT or someone QBE. It's your tax, technical knowledge they care more about.
Ambitious to progress your career? That's fine, it may be you hit a ceiling within tax, but, you could always explore other options in the finance team to broaden your skills. Just want to do a great job at this role? That's absolutely fine too. It's all about the right person.
- Liaison with external accountants and advisers to bring tax in-house
- Act as a key business partner to the company on VAT rules, changes and the impact of Brexit. Sorry to talk Covid and Brexit in one advert.
- Preparation and filing of monthly VAT returns for the group
- VAT returns
- Regulatory reporting
- Being the go to person for any questions in the business on tax. If someone has a query around tax, they'll be coming to find you!
- In a nutshell, you'll be a nice, friendly, approachable person who loves tax / VAT