Financial System Analyst
We’re currently looking for a Financial Systems Analyst / Business Intelligence Data Modeler to join our Financial Business Process and Systems (FinBPS) team.
FinBPS team members are experts in Business Process Analysis, Financial Systems Solutions, and Project Management. We evaluate and implement solutions for Systems, Processes, Controls and leverage best practices and innovation. Our clients include Shareholders and Company Leaders, and our Business Process Partners include Franklin Templeton Technology (IT department), Finance, and HR. Our mission is to provide optimal solutions that instill trust and confidence in the financial results for Franklin Templeton Investments.
- Support and maintain critical business systems that drive Finance operations.
- Coordinate and maintain working relationships between Finance and IT team to resolve application and infrastructure issues.
- Prepare periodically (daily, monthly, quarterly, annual) and ad hoc financial and operating reports, report packages and dashboards for management and supporting business units.
- Implement, maintain and update current and new financial systems.
- Perform data loading, updating of allocation rules and creation of reports
System enhancements and implementations:
- Drive continuous process improvements in reporting through automation, system enhancements, data quality, consolidation, and quality improvements.
- Communicate with users, Systems Administration, IT, contractors, vendors and providers for upgrades, enhancements, fixes and troubleshooting.
- Initiate, lead, and manage the automation of reports and analysis.
- Implement, investigate and reconcile variances between actuals data sets to understand trends, potential risks and opportunities for improvements.
Perform other duties as requested by project managers and managers:
- Proactively identify and resolve accounting and financial systems issues related to system implementations, integrations, or malfunctions.
- Test and validate the construct of financial systems.
- Provide end-user systems support and training.
- Participate in internal customer meetings to gather and document requirements and challenges
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Finance, Accounting or Management Information Systems
- Experience in accounting, financial analysis or information technology
- Desire to learn and optimize new financial systems and business processes
- Hands-on experience with any Financial ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools such as Cognos Business Intelligence, Business Objects, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Power BI or Tableau is preferred
- Good skills in the area of Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word)
- Basic database and SQL knowledge will be considered as an advantage
- Previous experience working in the Financial Services Industry is a plus
- Very good communication skills and a good command of the English language
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to improve business processes/information flow in the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills