Named to Barron’s Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors, Financial Times Top 300, Financial Advisor Magazine’s Fastest-Growing 50 Firms, and a recipient for San Diego’s Best Firms to Work For, Reilly Financial Advisors, a fee-only, international Wealth Manager is looking for a CPA Tax Manager to join us in our San Diego office.
The Tax Manager position is for those individuals with experience leading and managing multiple tax engagements, delivering superior tax services to high-net-worth clients. The ideal candidate has at minimum 5 years of tax manager experience managing the completion of complex tax returns.
- Deliver extremely high-quality work and high-level client services to high-net-worth clients
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our clients, to maximize client engagement and satisfaction
- Review and prepare simple and complex federal and state income tax returns for individuals, trusts, and businesses
- Approve and sign all returns
- Dialogue with Senior Wealth Advisors regarding tax returns and tax planning
- Research the implications of tax laws and recent tax legislation
- Advise clients and Senior Wealth Advisors on tax-related issues
- Prepare tax planning and estimates, year-round
- Proactively plan for high-net-worth clients; Roth conversions, charitable gifting, etc.
- Keep all staff in the firm informed of changes and developments in the taxation area
- CPA license
- Proficiency preferred, but not required, in Lacerte tax software
- Experience in Trust tax returns a must. Strongly prefer experience in foreign tax issues for expats as well.
- Obtained minimum 5 years prior experience in public accounting (tax manager or above)
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related fields
- Ability to multitask and prepare returns for over 300 clients
- Hold excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Well-rounded in dealing with high-net-worth individuals and businesses, and complex tax issues that accompany those clients
Why join our team?
- Fast growing wealth management RIA that provides excellent benefits, including 100% health care
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A family-oriented culture
- A true “open door” policy at all levels
- Cohesive cooperation with wealth management staff, facilitating learning in that space
- Fun work environment, with frequent employee events and team-focused events and partnership
Apply for Tax Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly